or Connect

Posts by arihillfarm

Glad you like Astrid. That's my name. :-)  I'm 38 years old and have yet to meet another Astrid in real life.  My daughter is named Ariana but she was named 10 years ago before it became more popular.   -Astrid
Is it your right leg and ankle that's swelling more than the left?  If so, totally normal since that side of your body (in your legs anyway) is further from your heart.  Try lying on your left side with your right leg propped up higher than the left or putting your right leg up higher than the left when sitting on the sofa.  That's what has helped me.   -Astrid
We bought this same glider rocker and gliding ottoman (but in a different color) before my son was born in 2008.  I LOVE it and we still use it every day.  He stopped nursing at 21 months, but we still snuggle and rock to sleep each night (he's 31 months now) and we read stories in it before nap and bedtime.  I love the reclining feature too.   -Astrid  
Sadly, my sister in law said just that. My poor nephew had to not only go through circumcision (after a week long stay in the NICU) and being home for another week, he had to go through a revision when he was almost a year old because "they didn't do it right".  When I saw him being changed after the second surgery, he almost looked intact.  Poor kid had to go through all that pain for basically nothing.   -Astrid
In total agreement with this.  My MO is never to ask a toddler a question unless I am prepared to deal with whatever answer might come my way AND be okay with it.  Instead of asking if he wants to go, I give my son a heads up that we're about to do something new or different (letting him finish what he is doing if it'll only be a few minutes) and then really play it up as something exciting.  98% of the time it works and he is ready to run out the door before I am, LOL! ...
I had the same issue with my son (true knot) and had it not been for a very good midwife and hubby saying no way, I would have ended up with an emergency C-Section.  He was fine in the end but it was still scary.  This time around, I asked at the Level II ultrasound if they could find something like that and was told not likely and that a knot could still form between then and birth.   -Astrid 
Quote: Originally Posted by JFTB1177 Thanks Stayathomemommy- do you think because I had pizza and juice before the 1-hr test it could have affected the results? I just checked the apple juice container in the fridge and apple juice has 28g of sugar per 8 oz. glass. I don't know how much juice you drank or how many grams of sugars were in the pizza, but if the test gives you 50g of sugars after fasting, you had at least 55-60% more in your...
Quote: Originally Posted by msmiranda Has this ever happened to anyone else? He looked at me like it was my fault that my son has a UTI because we didn't circumcise him at birth. I am so incensed I don't know what to do. I told him in no uncertain terms that there was no way in hell I would consider doing that for a UTI that can be treated with antibiotics. He said that boys shouldn't get UTIs at all, and the only reason he got it is because he is...
Quote: Originally Posted by mitintraining It is neat though because my 11 yr old boy tells people when they are staring "Yes we are all hers, yes she knows how it happens and yes her hands certainly are full!" This had me LOL. :-) Reminds me recently of when my husband was out on a week long training mission with a co-worker and they were watching a mom losing it in the parking lot at a restaurant trying to get her three kids in the car. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by bugmenot Another thing to look at is that if a girl rejects a guy for being intact, SHE'S the one with the issue. Exactly! It's like what we would say to our daughter if she comes home crying when she's a teenager because her boyfriend dumped her because her breasts were too small (or for some other physical reason). He's the one with the issue, not her and she'd be better off without him anyway. We certainly...