or Connect

Posts by Purple*Lotus

No, I don't think I have ever checked the official reviews.   The Amazon books that they suggest to me are normally spot on.  Also, a friend of mine and I have essentially the same taste in books.  If she reads somehing and loves it, I will also love it, and vice versa, so I get ideas from her.
Hello everyone.  I am looking forward to reading again this month.  I am Jaime, in case I never bothered to mention tha in the old thread.   My books for February: February 2011 1. Room by Emma Donoghue- I enjoyed this book, especially seeing how a Mother could keep a child entertained in such a small space for so long.  A must read, in my opinion. 2.  Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen- I dislike the circus to the point where I will not entertain the idea of...
Today I started reading, A World Apart, Women, Prison and Life Behind Bars, by Cristina Rathbone.   I also started a GoodReads account today but I am not sure how to add people to it yet.   Will we have a new thread tomorrow, when March begins?
February 2011 1. Room by Emma Donoghue- I enjoyed this book, especially seeing how a Mother could keep a child entertained in such a small space for so long.  A must read, in my opinion. 2.  Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen- I dislike the circus to the point where I will not entertain the idea of doing a circus unit in my classroom.  Still, a friend suggested that I read it.  It was hard for me to read some sections, but overall I did enjoy the book.  It still makes...
I don't remember how many I invited or how many came.  However, am I the only one who had people who RSVPd "no" show up? 
crunchy mommy- I have heard the rule before, but only on MDC, and I think that was a couple of years ago.   I generally buy something I can afford off of the registry.  A lot of people who attended my wedding did not bring gifts or give cash.  It didn't care either way, I invited them because I wanted them there.
You are not a bad Mom.    If your DH is gone for a few days again, do you all have family or friends who might stop by and entertain your DD while you nap or take a bath?  Take care of yourself, you are a good Mom!
I would not loan it out, not because I do not want to be helpful to others- I do- but because it is too easy to damage this kind of machine.  I would not move it in and out of the house unless I was actually moving to a new house.
1. Room by Emma Donoghue- I enjoyed this book, especially seeing how a Mother could keep a child entertained in such a small space for so long.  A must read, in my opinion. 2.  Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen- I dislike the circus to the point where I will not entertain the idea of doing a circus unit in my classroom.  Still, a friend suggested that I read it.  It was hard for me to read some sections, but overall I did enjoy the book.  It still makes me dislike the...
So far this month I have read Room, and tonight I should finish Water for Elephants.   Any suggestions for what I should read next?