or Connect

Posts by greenemami

Yes yes yes.  I have not even been super low income for very long, but I just don't see any change or way to get ahead in sight and it can be really depressing.  Every time I think I might catch up, something comes up.  I'm counting down the months until I get my tax refund because it might give me a chance to at least catch up on bills to current and put a little aside for an emergency (knock on wood).   I don't have extravagant taste for the most part-I just want to be...
Supervised visits are not at all the default.  Really, the burden would be on her to prove that you *do* need supervised visits, not vice versa.  Perhaps the first couple of visits would be with her or another family member, but I seriously doubt you would be ordered long term supervised visits unless you have a serious history of drug abuse or the like (which it doesn't sound like).  You may be ordered short frequent visits as opposed to overnights, but I think that will...
What about a protein dip for the veggies/fruit?  I.e. peanut butter, hummus, or yogurt?  And maybe add a handful of crackers and cheese slices?
I would try to make it work near your stepchildren.  I don't say this to be harsh, but imagine their perspective, realizing that dad moved to be closer to them, but now is having a new baby and doesn't mind moving further away again and only seeing them for vacations, while the new child lives with him everyday.  Of course, it's not that simple, but to children it will seem that way.   It's only been 6 months in the new town, which isn't that much time to adjust,...
We are now an even more complicated version of blended family! Ex and I split up this summer.  He had a daughter from his first marriage (my dsd, 12), plus we have two kids together (dd 6 and ds 3).  I always make a photo Christmas card to send out to family and friends, usually just of the three kids.  However, I'm not sure how to handle it this year!   Should I include dsd?  She still calls me her stepmom, I'm still in her life, (mostly through her mom, who lets her...
Are you just staying there or do you have a lease or anything?  If there is a lease, I guess they'd have to serve him with an eviction notice; otherwise, I'm not sure the legal process to make him leave if he refuses, but I'm sure the local police department can help your parents with the process.  Good luck!   FWIW, I lived with ex for 7.5, years (that was my legal address, etc.) but since his name was the only one on the deed (we weren't married), I wasn't even allowed...
When I was dating ex (has 1 daughter from his first marriage), he paid when dsd was with us, but he also generally paid when we went out (I was a poor college student, he is much older and was employed).   I haven't been in this position now as a single mom, but it would make me uncomfortable to split the bill just because my kids were there if we didn't usually.  If splitting the bill was the norm, then yes, I would assume I was covering my kids cost.  Otherwise, I...
I gave my dd a multicultural spelling of a  name that is used in many cultures, including American/English language (I don't want to post her actual name, sorry!) Think...Beatriz instead of Beatrice. The pronunciation is slightly different the way I spelled it.  However, she most often goes by the English version, though we call her both.   Her nickname is part of her name with the correct pronunciation, but we've kind of made a mess of it otherwise! I'm glad I picked...
Do you have a custody agreement with her father?  You may not be allowed to move with your daughter unless he agrees (and you could get into serious trouble and maybe lose custody if you move your daughter out of state without notifying him/the courts in some cases)  You will have to prove that the move will be good for your daughter, not you, and having a new boyfriend will not count.   I think it is taking a big risk to move out there without a job or a place to live...
In my state at least, you can just write up the agreement and, if both of you sign it, the judge will just sign off on it.  I'm not even sure that you have to see the judge at all if you both agree.   are you just talking about sole physical or sole legal?  I am under the impression that judges nearly always order joint legal unless there is a really serious reason not to, so I'm not sure how that would go if he agreed to give you sole legal.  If a judge *did* for some...