or Connect

Posts by greenemami

I was in a similar position-we weren't married, but together for 8ish years.  He owned the house in his name only, made and controlled the bulk of the money.  Luckily I did work from home part-time which I was able to turn into almost full-time, but I'm still pretty much flat broke all the time.  It sucks :(
I'm so sorry :( I didn't want to read and not respond.  Does your husband have plans to move out?  Are you able to keep the house/apartment?   I'm not sure what your financial situation is, but I believe you are entitled to half of your bank accounts at the very least, so maybe that can keep you going long enough until child support kicks in/your baby is born....   Stay strong and good luck!
This part is exactly 100% like my kids...they are 3 and 6 and this happens about 100 times a day and usually ends up with all of us in tears.  I really struggle with this, because it's not fair to my 6-year-old daughter.  I think I expect too much of her, more than is age appropriate.  If it's hard for *me*, the adult to deal with ds's behavior, surely it is even harder for a young kid, but I know I take it out on her sometimes because it's easier to get her to listen...
I didn't read all of the replies, but he sounds sooooo similar to my almost 3.5-year-old.  I keep wondering when he will get "easier" too-when he was 1, it was kind of age appropriate to not listen to a darn thing I said and to hit when he was mad, etc., but now it is just getting a little ridiculous....and if I'm honest, a little embarrassing for me!    I can't keep treats of any kind in the house, because he will literally climb the cabinets to find them, then run...
I'm sorry you are going through this :( I just moved out at the end of June after years of a dysfunctional relationship, so I can certainly empathize.   In my state, you can file for custody while you are still living together, but you cannot file for support until you have separate addresses.  I don't know if that is true everywhere though, but you can probably just call the child support office and ask.   If you have the money, I would try to secure a place to...
I was not (and am not) a Waldorf purist by any means (so I apologize for jumping in here!) but I wanted to add my two cents :)   I did try to avoid most plastic, light up, noisy etc. toys, and by far what worked best for me was suggesting a concrete alternative, sometimes up to including the website/store where it could be purchased.  A registry is great for this, you can just email it to friends and family.  Some people do think this comes off as entitled, but I...
How long has it been since the custody order was finalized?  Has he never adhered to that schedule and is it documented?  I would consider trying to get that custody order modified officially to show the actual schedule if you can.  It may affect the child support and taxes, plus it will keep him from occasionally trying to take the kids 50% of the time should it ever be beneficial to him in some way (i.e. impressing a girlfriend, etc.?) If you think it will just lead to...
Thanks anyway :) I did search in the vax forum later, but didn't find much.   I ended up writing "I have a strong ethical objection to the recommended vaccines and schedule."   (PA law states that a religious exemption also includes moral and ethical objections that are similar to a religious belief.)   The school nurse just wrote back that she got it and that was it, so I'm assuming no issue?    As I said, I'm not sure that I am legally obligated to give a...
My biggest homeschooling "expense" is actually loss of income since I could theoretically work/make more if I had the kids in school full time.  Of course, this would be offset by paying for preschool/childcare as well, so it's probably a wash in the end.   We have spent very little outside of basic school supplies/craft supplies that I would have bought anyway.  I could have spent thousands of dollars on homeschooling curriculum and supplies if I had the funds, but...
I got my food stamps this week.  I am struggling with being embarrassed/ashamed that I need them and feeling completely thrilled that I have full cupboards and fridge without having to panic about paying for it.  I had a high balance because I got approved last month, but didn't get the card until this month so I had a double balance in there and it felt so good to stock up-though I couldn't even watch the total on the screen as the cashier was ringing it all up, I knew...