or Connect

Posts by greenemami

My son is younger (3) but he didn't want to go to dad's the past few months-at first ex was ok with letting him stay with me (our dd still went with him, so I wasn't too worried about being accused of withholding just the one kid).  Eventually, though ex started playing games about it and giving me a hard time, so I told ds he had to go.  He still didn't want to, but did fine once he got to ex's...I'm still not sure what I would have done if he had been kicking and...
I will encourage both of my kid to do what is best for their families at that particular time, whatever their situation.  Certainly I will tell my kids I loved being home with them and encourage them in it if that is what they choose, but I would equally encourage them to pursue a career if that is what they want/need to do. 
I agree, it sounds like he just wants to look good for his buddies.  Or maybe, benefit of the doubt, he does truly want to show off his daughter to his friends/family, but he needs to put in the time to bond with her first.    Does he not realize how awkward it is for you to go hang out at his house for a party?!!!!  I would not be comfortable doing that at all.  I think it is more than fair to offer him the chance to come to your house or to meet out at a neutral...
I have heard that you can sometimes get a waiver for his signature--the lack of contact + the restraining order may be enough reason, but I really don't know.  Maybe visit the courthouse or wherever you do the paperwork and see if they can help you.   I agree, though, that changing custody so you have sole legal is a good idea for the future if he is not going to be around anyway.  good luck!
http://www.benefitscal.org/   Looks like she can apply online as well, at the above link!
I'm not in CA, but in my state, as long as they live separately, she should be able to qualify.  Money he is giving her towards the house, etc., will likely be counted as income for her though-though I suppose it may not if he is paying the bills directly and not giving her the money.      Based on this website: http://www.cdss.ca.gov/cdssweb/PG78.htm, she will need to contact her county public assistance (welfare) office to find out where/how to apply and she can ask...
Do you still have the same email address or anything?  I would think that as long as you leave some way for your ex to contact the children without him having to search too hard, you are probably fine, but I don't know the legal ramifications of that.  Does your ex have any custody at all technically?  Shared legal?   I can't imagine that he could come crying that you kept him from the kids because you changed your phone number after he hadn't seen then voluntarily for 4...
Hi! I'm a single homeschooling mom to my 6-year-old (1st grade) and 3-year-old (though I don't do anything formal with him yet). I'm not in school, but I do work full time nights and weekends and some daytime hours(from home), so I know a bit about  the time management issues :)  I think it's a great idea to work out your routine first, it honestly took us months to adjust this year to the new schedule!   Whether you choose a strict curriculum or a more relaxed method...
I would definitely recommend using historical fiction as well-the first two books that come to mind were The American Girl series about Addy and I believe the Magic Treehouse series has a book about the Civil War as well.  Start reading the books together, and try to find some art projects that tie in for them to do while you talk about what you read.  The Magic Treehouse books also have a nonfiction companion to their books with lots of extra facts, pictures, etc .    I...
If he is pushing and grabbing hard enough to leave redmarks and bruises, he is doing it realy hard! I have not been in that situation, but I think taking them straight from dads to the pediatrician would be a good idea. Take pictures yourself too, but I would like to have a third party witness as well. Im not sure how bad the bruising/marks need to be before it becomes a cps/police issue.