or Connect

Posts by greenemami

Quote: Originally Posted by mommyto3girls And this may be minor or nit-picky, but to the OP, I noticed your siggy lists your 5 bio kids as your children with names and bdays, your 2 DSS's are listed only as bonus kids, initial, and age. It could very well be that it is a legal issue that you are not allowed to give more info due to legal agreements, but if it is because of family dynamics after 7 years of being a blended family ( so looking at a 4 year...
Quote: Originally Posted by plunky I fundamentally disagree with you as a noncustodial step-parent having such a direct role in teaching this kid how to eat. He learns that stuff with his custodial parent. It's unfortunate that you don't agree with what he learns there, but it doesn't absolve you of having to feed him. If I was his custodial parent, I would be trying to get him away from your house. What are you going to do when he turns 13 and starts...
We use California Baby Calendula cream on her red scaly spots and they clear up within a couple of days. WE also use the super sensitive lotion daily (or whenever she will let me!) to prevent the ezcema from coming back and the body wash as well. Love it! http://www.californiababy.com/ She also does better when she drinks little to no milk.
well, I think it is fine to live with a parent after graduation IF he either has a full-time job and/or is attending school. If he just plans on "hanging out" while living with dad, that would definitey be a no-go. I think you and your dh need to set very very clear boundaries about what you expect re: either him attending college (using student loans,, NOT on your dime) or him contributing to the household if he is working (maybe paying rent? chipping in for groceries?...
The logistics of trying to feed that many people are probably already overwhelming. Adding to that having one or more kids not eating the prepared meal and making pbj (for example) instead means a lot of wasted food. Plus, once one kid gets up to make a sandwhich, there is a good chance more will follow. I personally don't allow this. What I do is to make sure there is at least one part of the meal that each person likes (again, probably a lot harder with that many...
If I am with my dp, I would just say these are "our" kids. By myself, I would honestly just say their names and not specify (let people assume). However, if for some reason I needed to, I would definitely say stepdaughter. I actually asked her if that is okay and she said yes, it would be weird if I said just daughter (not because we have a bad relationship, just becuase she knows that I am her stepmom, not her mom, if you know what I mean). She used to correct anyone...
thanks everyone-the reason I ask is that dsd (8.5) seems to still believe or is at least pretending very well, and I would prefer to do more of the "santa is a nice story/fun game to play" approach with dd 2.5 and the new one coming. Dd was too little to really worry about it this year, but next year I'd like to explain that a little-but certainly without crushing dsd's belief if possible. I"d be surprised if she still believed next year too-she'll be 9.5-and really it...
Just curious-if your kids believe in Santa, at what age did they start questioning it and/or totally stop believing? Just looking ahead to next year *Can't edit the title, but obviously it should say "do" they believe
Quote: Originally Posted by junipermuse I don't think you should just move the holiday though because it isn't fair that your kids should be waiting while dsd is celebrating at her other home. And also as your children get older they will become more aware that Christmas (or whatever other holiday) is a certain day. Shops and Museums will be closed, their friends will be busy with family things that day, etc. So they won't even be able to have "ordinary...
thanks again for the advice everyone-we have decided to do the dinner early for dsd this year so that we can all do it together, and then we will do a movie & popcorn night with dd on actual new years eve so that we have something special to do with her too on the actual holiday (though hopefully she won't be up until midnight, lol!) I don't know that we will do things twice, but I like the idea of doing other special things leading up to holidays. In the past, that is...