or Connect

Posts by greenemami

http://www.pdmainline.com/Default.as...e.com/courtesy we are seeing Dr. Harshaw for the second time next week (dd has several cavities that we are keeping an eye on) and I am hoping it goes as well this time as it did the first time! She had a somewhat traumatic experience with the first dentist we tried, in West Chester. Dr. Harshaw is now known as the "nice dentist", lol. He is in Bryn Mawr, and dd is 2.5 by the way. I'll try to remember to update after our...
Well, my situation is a little different, in that I usually only work when dp is home or after dd is in bed-she will be nearly three when my baby is born, as well. I haven't really discussed the pregnancy/leave with my employer as of yet-I plan to do that this month. I will only be asking for a month off, as I do not work set hours and it is a sit-down job, plus financially that is all we can swing. I do plan on easing back in though. I am not planning on pumping...
dsd is with us every other weekend (from after school friday until sunday night) and one overnight a week (we pick her up from school and drop her off at school the next day). We use this schedule year round, with changes for vacations etc., as needed. Holidays are split pretty evenly. This works out to, I believe, just under 30% of the time and is pretty much the standard visitation for our state as far as I know.
Well, dd will often play by herself while I work, but only in short spurts, which works fine for what I am doing (transcription). Plus, I only work for maybe an hour or two during the day while I am "in charge" of her, and that is not everyday. Mostly I work while dp is watching her or while she is sleeping. I can't imagine what would hold a child's attention for a long period of time that you wouldn't have to help with at all that would guarantee you no...
I worked as an assitant in a similar set up, just he and I, and he e-mailed me about two weeks after I had my baby to tell me he didn't need me anymore. We didn't have any official contract either, and it really sucked for me, since we had planned for me to work from home/bring the baby to work with me (I worked from his home office). So, I can definiteily commisterate with you! Of course, I ended up managing to be a SAHM with several odd side jobs, so it worked out in...
Quote: Originally Posted by sunflowers If he cares for his YDD in the morning, can't he bring her along? I imagine play therapy is mostly between the therapist and DSD. I don't think the parent is very involved in the actual session. I know with dd's ST, I was in the room but I also know if we continued, the therapy would have continued between dd and the therapist with me waiting in the lounge until the session was complete. So I guess mom...
Quote: Originally Posted by elmh23 Dd refused to be in the crib or bassinet. I have one picture of her sleeping in her crib when she was about 6 months old and I think she was only in there for like 15 minutes, but I have photographic evidence! Ds loved sleeping in the bassinet and crib and he would also play in the crib for a good 20 minutes while I took a shower. We stopped using the bassinet at 3 months because he could freakin crawl (NOT NORMAL)...
Dd loves a little bit of heavy cream poured over her oatmeal-for that matter so do I I buy whole milk and full-fat yogurt etc. for everyone, and just try to use it in moderation.
I trained through career step and have a WAH job that pays .08 cents a line-although I do pretty much only work when dd is being cared for by dp or asleep, so I wouldn't recommend planning on doing it full-time if you don't have a lot of help. It is tough to get a job, I got pretty lucky coming out of school. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, must get back to work
Quote: Originally Posted by JSMa Actually it is a play therapy... and DSD loved going. The weeks she did go we had no issues on our weekend with her. She also told us she liked going because the counselor made her happy to come spend the weekend with us. Also, I would just like to state again... it isn't just H being adamant about DSD talking to someone... her teacher and peditrician have also put in a strong recomendation for her to do so... As a...