or Connect

Posts by greenemami

Quote: Originally Posted by homewithtwinsmama I got to go with chaoticzmom here. I fail to see how it can be put on her mom at all that SD is having trouble at school and at your house. We all know from your many posts that your home is clearly a major source of stress and pain to be in. Maybe she acts out at school from that environment and anger and at mom's house is her old peaceful happy self. Regardless, if you want the therapy you should both...
Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez I didn't hide it, I mixed it in a small amount of water or juice and squirted it into DS's mouth with a medicine syringe (the kind that hold 2 teaspoons, they sell them at most drugstores). It was fast, I wasn't trying to get him to drink or eat a specific amount of something. eta: I wouldn't mix it with anything hot, I think cold is fine, but not hot. THis is what we do with probiotics (we have them in...
deep breaths Dd started the "why's" a couple of months ago at 2.5. I usually have a great deal of patience and answer her as best I can, but can go nuts answering the same questions all day-she has a great memory and will bring up past events for questioning frequently. I am also pregnant and tired! Sometimes I desperately try to get her interested in another activity/conversation, etc., but I think telling a kid their whys are used up is a lot better than losing your...
She definitely should have told you that she was pulling her out, and yes, if you and your dh, the ped, and dsd's teacher are telling her that dsd needs some help, then I think she should feel it was important for dsd to go as well, no matter where the problem stems from (or where she thinks it stems from). Is there anyway you can find someone who is open on Friday evenings/weekends so that you guys can take her at least every other weekend? It doesn't seem like her...
First off, congratulations!!!!! We took the easy way out and just let dsd pass on the news to her mom after she found out, and her mom did the same. It wasn't a big deal to us, but you know better how your dsd's mom might react and if it would help her to be "forewarned". I would say, if you really think that it will come out on Thanksgiving, that maybe you tell your dsd first so that it is kind of a "special" announcement, rather than her overhearing and not getting...
So, my dd was just diagnosted wth Lyme's via a blood test. She is on antibiotics, but I am doing some preliminary research to bring to my ped. about alternative/homeopathic remedies. My peditrician is awesome and they have an entire homeopathic pharmacy in their office, so I am sure she will bring some of these up, just wanted to be informed when I go in! So far, I have read about lyme nosode and ledum. My dp has talked with some people who use an ozone machine and...
Those look very similar to my "boy" pics-although I keep having dreams it is really a girl, lol. I think after a girl, it is just hard to accept! in any case, the doctor seemed to think I was very obviously having a boy and, yes, those are what my picture looks like
Dsd usually goes to bed between 8 and 9 and is up between 6 and 7 on average. She is almost 8.5.
I am glad to see this post! My homebirth CNM said that, yes, I have to do it, but I can either do the glucose drink and wait an hour or do the 3 hours after eating one. However, can anybody tell me why I really have to do this?! I was actually a little annoyed that she didn't give me the option-although of course I know I can always opt out. I don't think I am at partiuclarly high risk and am thinking about just saying no (particularly since this would be paid for...
no, I wouldn't. we just don't have that kind of relationship and really keep our lives outside of dsd to ourselves.