or Connect

Posts by greenemami

http://www.oompa.com/baby-toys/categ...WH706920&type= Your links didn't work for me, but this is the Educo one we have and I LOVE it. Great price, has held up really well (had it nearly a year) We got it when dd was 20 months or so-she still plays with it every day and dsd (who was 7.5 when we got it) also plays with it nearly every day. We got a little tea set and the melissa and doug chopping food to go with it-it was a big hit. Yes, the sink is not very deep...
Honestly, it sounds like she was just trying to offer to help you by taking care of your dd if you needed someone. And that could be way off b/c I obviously don't know the woman or your relationship with her In any case, I think it is fine to tell her that you actually decided you'd rather it just be you and dh and your dd or that your sister actually just signed on to help you out, but you'd love her to come see the baby after the actual birth/cleanup and thanks for...
I just wanted to add that we had our most difficult time with dsd adjusting to her new sister between the times dd started to get mobile (around 9 months) until she was up and walking and starting to talk. A little baby is just kind of there-it was a whole different thing for dsd to have to "compete" with an actual person who was playing with her toys, crawling over to her daddy, etc.. Once dd was able to actually start playing with dsd (ring around the rosy, patty cake,...
Yes, I have to agree it doesn't seem healthy for either kid for dad to drop everything to only spend time with dsd on her weekends. Although the baby might not mind now, in the future it will really set up the kids to be even more competitive and resentful of one another. I think a nice balance can be found, but the OP's dh can't "make up" all the hours he is not with dsd on the weekeneds she is there-they are a family and need to act as such. Dd doesn't stop needing...
Steiner Medical Center in Phoenixville doesn't do any vax until 2 years old, I believe (we started going there at 18 months with dd so I didn't experience this, but I think this is what they told me for the baby we are expecting). I would guess that they would be fine with non-vax families as well http://www.steinermed.com/
While your case sounds a bit more dramatic than normal, I think it still falls under normal behavior. We've see this too, though not to the same degree-i.e. while we are all clapping for dd for using the potty, dsd feels like she MUST show us her new wiggly tooth. She has also mimicked some of the "baby" behavior or gotten annoyed that we think something is cute for a baby but the same behavior was not rewarded in an older kid. (i.e. baby with food all over face = cute,...
We are doing the same thing this year-staying home for both xmas eve and xmas day morning. WE will be visiting my parents the afternoon of chrstimas day and doing christmas w/ dp's family a couple of weekends prior to the holidays. Luckily we don't have a ton of family to visit. Our "schedule" also changes year by year b/c dsd does every other holiday and dp's family travels every other year on a different schedule as well. However, we never go anywhere Christmas...
Can you get them to agree that if they get up before xxx time, (say 6 am) they have to take "quiet time" or a nap later? You may have to put them in separate rooms for this, i.e. the 3 year old in your bed, so they don't play, but maybe they will realize they would rather stay in bed later to avoid this, lol. And, if they still get up earlier, at least they are getting some additional rest-or you are
I'm not sure if this would satisfy her or not, but my dsd was given a giant makeup kit for christmas one year (by her aunt and uncle), which I was not thrilled about. To avoid her putting makeup on her face (and mine!!!!) I would draw faces on paper and let her do their makeup-this would probalby work on dolls or whatever as well, and she really enjoyed it. The kit also has little stamps and some kind of glitter and she loves to stamp all over her body, since I am still...
See, the problem with letting her call at 3 am, at least with my dsd, woudl be that it actually makes the problem worse. When dsd used to get upset and call her mom, her hysterics would increase and she would continue to freak out for the duration of the phone call and well afterwards, and mom probably would be begged to come over and see her, which would then drag it out for that much longer. If we gently encouarged her to wait until morning, she would probably fall...