or Connect

Posts by greenemami

We have that problem too (dd and dsd are almost 6 years apart). We told her (over and over and over...again!) that she was teaching dd to grab, yell, push, etc., and that definitely made a difference. Also, the "how would you feel" thing. Could you try showing dsd what she is doing-i.e. sitting down and telling her what crayon she can color with, which toy she can play with, etc.-sometimes this was really effective b/c dsd could "see" how dd was feeling. Also, I...
I agree with the PP-although it may be uncomfortable, I think you should invite your ex -and definitely invite his gf if it is a serious thing- as usual for this year if that is what your kids are used to/expect. Perhaps you can have a conversation with your ex about what you could change in the future-either alternating years for christmas eve/morning and christmas afternoon, or each taking a year or whatever. If he remarries and/or has more kids, he may want to have...
Dsd is 8-this is what we did over the past year or so and it works great: 1. She showers, lays out her clothes, and packs her backpack the night before. 2. She has a picture chart of what needs to be done to get ready (i.e. get dressed, eat breakfast, brush hair and teeth, etc.) She doesn't need to look at this anymore, but absolutely used it for the first 6-9 months or so. 3. I used to pack her lunch at night when I still had to nag her, but now I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by mild_adventurer So, I was going to post some diatribe about how uncomfortable/unhealthy it would be for everyone in our families to pretend that pictures of the kids with their divorced, biological parents is somehow natural and normal. Personally, my stomach does flip-flops at the the mere thought of DH, DSS, DSD and the ex-wife taking one big happy family picture together at this point in our lives. Blech. But then I...
I clearly remember thinking as I saw my dd being born-omg it's a baby! lol. It literally took until that point until I was able to "get it". Obviously I knew it was a baby in there, and I was SO excited, but it just didn't click until I saw her head coming out that I was really a mom with a "real" baby! It is the same way for me this time-I am super excited, but with dd and the regular demands of life, I am having a hard time picturing taking care of another baby-and it...
Not sure if this is too far, but we love Ohm Chiropractic in Media, PA. They do great work with babies/kids as well. http://www.ohmchiropractic.com/
Didn't read the other responses, so sorry if these are repetitive! My dd loves soup-veggie soup, bean soup, broccoli and cheese soup-I make a big pot of soup with tons of veggies in it and she eats it up. We actually eat this for lunch at least a few times a week. I have made broccoli and cheddar nuggets (you can google for a recipe) and she really likes those. She'll eat quiche with veggies, lasagna with veggies, spinach in spaghetti sauce. She has just...
I agree-this is a very little thing, so if it makes a big difference to you, I say go for it. I doubt your dsd will even notice the change.
No, they never take pictures with dsd's mom and dad (my dp) and her as a threesome. Somtimes we will trade off and take pictures of her with ehr mom/stepdad, and her mom will take a family pic for us, but they have never tried to (or wanted to) take a picture of them as family. I could see maybe in the future if everyone was getting along, taking a big family picture with mom, stepdad, siblings on that side, me, dp, and our kids with dsd, but I'm not sure I see the point...
My dd was fully potty trained (including nights) by 19 or 20 months-so it is possible! We did bascially the same thing, got her a little potty, lots of naked time, no pressure. I have to say it was great to be out of diapers by that age! Good for you guys!