or Connect

Posts by greenemami

I've been able to keep a relationship with my stepdaughter, but the circumstances are somewhat different.  Though her dad hasn't actively tried to keep me out of her life, it's been her mom who has supported our relationship and given up her own time so I could see dsd still.  Her dad and I also have 2 children together, and they see each other at dad's, but I've been able to have dsd for overnights and holidays etc. at my house as well on her mom's time.  I also try to...
He can't prevent the mother from moving, but he can prevent the mother from taking the child with her.    If they have a legal custody agreement, she likely needs to give notice before moving or she can get in a lot of trouble, especially if the father disagrees.   The best plan would be to present the father with a parenting schedule for long distances and hope he agrees.  Otherwise, she will need to prove it is better for the child to move (and her remarriage likely...
I think that legally, you don't have to let him come/tell him where it is since you have sole legal custody.  Especially since he was ordered supervised visits (with a professional supervisor, yes?) and this would obviously not be supervised, I don't think you are at all obligated to do it. I think the only gray area here is that he might try to spin this later on as an example of you keeping him away from his son if/when he asks for unsupervised visits.  You are doing...
We are about the same, usually 2 days at home, sometimes 3-but one of those is often on the weekend when the kids are out playing with the neighbors, so it's not entirely a "home day."  We are definitely home less now that the kids are older (6&3) and involved in more activities.
Ahh! I just got a notice in the mail that Medicaid for myself and the kids and food stamps are being cancelled because I didn't get the renewal info in by 12/04-but the letter they sent me said it was due 12/10 and I mailed it last week!!!!    It looks like there is a process to go through to get it reversed, and I will call tomorrow to see what is going on, but that is so frustrating-they are going to cancel our insurance the 21st of this month!   Just one more thing...
We tried out the public cyber charter this year (K12) and it's just okay.  The curriculum itself is fine, some more worthwhile than others, but dd is not loving the constant testing, worksheets, etc.  If her dad agrees (we are not together), I am hoping to either pull her out after Christmas or at least make a different plan for 2nd grade next year.   I think I've been researching curriculum since dd was 2!  I have an idea of what I want, but haven't been able to find it...
Oh, and to answer you actual question, no, I do not think you are overreacting.  Like a PP said, it's all about the tone.  Asking you is one thing, telling you to bring it or else is something else entirely.  He's trying to assert his power over your in whatever limited way he can.  It wouldn't surprise me if  he is hoping that something does happen to the toy so he can flip out on you and accuse you of breaking it on purpose just because it was from him.  It sounds like...
I was going to advise just saying no, but it sounds like that will likely cause more trouble than it's worth with this particular person.     Ideally, you will just leave the toy with him.  There is no reason that you need to be responsible for it, and I think that you would not get in trouble for that if you present the email with the demand, plus point out that is an expensive toy that you can't afford to replace should it get broken in your care. Can you alert the...
I'm in this boat too.  Have to dig out my documentation, though they didn't give me too hard a time when I applied in the first place. My family chipped in to give me tickets and money for a Christmas train ride and to get our Christmas tree, so that was amazing and I feel very happy when I see it all decorated :) I got the lights, stand, and some decorations from the Habitat for Humanity resale store, all for under $10 total (ex ended up keeping all the Christmas stuff...
I'd probably give her the choice, either she makes up the hours at a different time or she takes the pay cut for those hours.   Most people don't expect to get paid for not working, and it sounds like you are already very flexible about letting her include your kids in her personal errands, etc.   If I were in her shoes, I would feel like either of those choices were fair, and left me with good options, one of which even allowed me to keep my whole paycheck.