or Connect

Posts by greenemami

Ahh yes, my dd is the same way. See is 2.5, and has never liked bulky, confining clothes-including jeans or anything besides stretch pants! Also, currently she insists on riding naked in the carseat everywhere-not sure what I am going to do about that when it gets cold..but that is another thread FWIW, I don't like bulky clothes either, and rarely wear a winter coat, etc, even when it is really cold out (We are in PA, so it does get fairly cold at times). I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thisbirdwillfly I don't know at what point it stops but I generally try to take things one day at a time. If this is what my kid needs today, then good and tomorrow is another day. Honestly, I have yet to meet adult child of divorce who've told me they were glad their stepmother/father kept coming to events inspite of the tension and quite a few who've shared stories of wishing none of their parents had come to...
If you offered the time to her mom and she said she can't do it, I think you are well within your rights to take her. I don't believe that you will get in trouble with the school for dropping her off without being on the list, seems like they would only be concerned with people taking her from school. Do you mean that she has sole legal custody but you have shared physical custody? I have never heard of this happening. Did your dh go through court or did they sign...
Quote: Originally Posted by vbactivist And this makes me wonder. why wuold two homes be better than one? Do you knwo of many adults who have two homes? I think people (kids included) thrive on having a single place where they know they know they are safe. I think switching between homes has huge drawbacks, even if the homes are pleasant. Full disclosure - my parents are divorced. I hated having two places - especially as i got older. and wanted to...
Just wanted to say that this seems to be VERY normal. I definitely experienced the jealousy and was so upset that dp had gone through this stuff already with somebody else. It does get easier. It took a long time and a lot of fighting, but I got over it a good bit and he finally understood where I was coming from. Also, now that I am expecting my second, I make constant comparisons to my first, so I realized a little more how easy it is to slip into that without...
We got the Melissa and Doug magic set for then 7-year-old dsd and she still plays with it now (9 whole months later ) She has a couple of favorite tricks, the disappearing zipper bag PP metioned and a trick that makes a coin disappear as well. It was the best we could find as well.
Well, my dsd is 8 now, so I don't know how much difference two years will make, but no, as of now, I would guess that I will not be leaving her home alone at that age and would be upset to hear that she had been left alone with only a 10 year old. Of course, your kids might be totally different than mine, so I think it also depends on the kid's personalities/maturity level. I'm pretty sure my sisters and I were allowed to be home alone for small periods of time at...
Honestly, the smoking indoors would really not be okay with me. I would go back to court to get the agreement ammended that he could exercise his visitation elsewhere or could come see them at your house from x time to x time, but that they were under no circumstances to spend the night (or the day, for that matter) in a house full of smoke-yuck! I would also be specific that they not be exposed to the smoke residue, so that they can't try to argue that they aren't...
I will turn 25 this month. I was 22 when dd was born.
Hi all-I have been lurking for the past 10 weeks or so, but now that I am in my second trimester and we are telling the "public" I wanted to introduce myself! I am due March 9th with our third-my dsd is 8 and my dd is nearly 2.5. We are planning a homebirth after having a great birth center birth with my dd and are very excited about it all! Look forward to spending the next few months awaiting our newest additions