or Connect

Posts by greenemami

Quote: Originally Posted by mom2girl~n~boy I am interested in this route.. I have to ask you.. on average, how many hours of sleep do you get a night? I am a nigh owl so I can do late night. But I gotta ask, when do your kids go to bed.. mean about what time do you start working at night? And another question, about how many hours do you put in a day? Is this kinda job something where you got stop and start throughout the day if need be? Just...
Anyone homeschool their "bio" kids (or kids who live with them FT) but have stepkids that go to public/private school? We are a couple of years away from "officially" starting, but we plan to homeschool dd (2.5) and the next one (on the way!) if all goes as planned. Dsd goes to public school, which she loves. I confess to being a little bummed out that we won't get to enjoy the benefits of homeschooling when it comes to not having to follow a regular school year...
Can you go and just sit apart and not interact with her mom? Or would that make things awkward for you dsd? How long have you and dp been together? If it is a new relationship, I agree that you should just go on your dp's parenting time and try to "ease" her mom into your place in her daughter's life. If you think she would be openly hostile to you in front of your dsd, then I would probably not go at all unless your dsd specifically asked you to.
I think the recent PP have said it well. It sounds like you and the stepmom are kind of pushing each other back and forth. You don't respect her role as a stepmom, and in fact act like she is not a parent to your child because they are not married despite her being a parent for the past three years. To her, that probably makes her feel like she has to "prove" that she is, in fact, a parent to your child, by trying to be more of a "mom" and kind of showing you that she...
I believe she said they have been living together for three years, but that she sees her as "just the girlfriend" because they are not legally married, which obviously doesn't exactly go with my point of view seeing as I am not married to dp and we have lived together for 4ish years and I consider myself the stepmom, as does everyone else, but that is neither here nor there. Obviously the girl's stepmom considers herself as such, as does the little girl. FWIW, when...
Thing is, gf says that her dsd asked to call her mommy. It would be pretty hard to prove that gf is forcing her to do so. Mom going in there and asking for a change in custody because her dd is calling her dad's partner "mommy" is probably not going to fly (not saying OP is planning this, but in response to PP's advice). That is basically saying that mom is jealous of her dd's relationship with her stepmom, not that the stepmom is crossing any boundaries. FWIW: I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenalexcase I do understand what everyone is saying the only problem I have with it is she isn't even married to him. I do understand that if they do decide to get married that she will be her stepmom but as of right now no she is not. I have had a lot of problems with this person because she lies to my daughter. I had a son back in Dec and the girlfriend told my daughter that that is not her brother but she tells her that her...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeannine Of course you are not wrong! I would hate that, too! I would not rely on the 4-year-old's statement that her dad's girlfriend requested it. I mean, she may be accurate. But she's also 4, so she may not be - it's not worth stewing over that aspect of things. The key is that your ex and his girlfriend's attitude (rejecting your completely reasonable request to stop having your daughter call her mommy) is hostile...
I agree with the PPs that, if a child CHOOSES to call a stepparent mom/dad, they should be allowed to do so. However, I also agree that it is very inapprorpriate for a stepparent to insist upon that title or to make the kids call them that. In your situation, I'm sure you are naturally assuming that your daughter is the one telling the truth, but either way, perhaps you could help her come up with another name for her stepmom (or encourage her to do so with her...
[QUOTE=Drummer's Wife;14317044]Do people who seem to be a bit anti-technology realize that in all colleges, and many highschools today students use laptops? If I went to the lecture hall at my school without my netbook, I am almost positive out of 200+ people in the room, I would be the only one taking notes on paper. seriously. QUOTE] Really? I graduated college <3 years ago and almost nobody brought a laptop to class-it was all paper and pencil!