or Connect

Posts by greenemami

thanks everyone! We are not at 50/50, but are hoping for it one day. I know it won't work for everyone, but we think it would be a good fit for dsd. But, I was getting a little freaked out/angry (i.e. he only wants 50/50 so he doesn't have to pay child support about all the negative stories over on the thread in single parenting, so I really appreciate the positive stories I'm glad it is working out for so many of you and your kids! It is great that they get to have...
It sounds like she was trying to protect her stepdaughter the way she thought was best. I have no idea what the drama involved, so I can't comment on whether is was best or not, but what counts is that she was trying. Yes, her husband should have been the one doing this, but I don't think she did anything inherently wrong here. Perhaps if something like this came up again, you could have your husband (and you and the little one) go visit your stepdaughter instead?...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kagrish Greenemami - what MT school did you go to? I am at Career Step. I am getting closer to that final exam and I hope, hope, hope I can do good and work as an MT from home. I'm happy to see someone else as an MT here! To the previous poster who asked about MT- some ads make it seem like easy money, but from the schoolwork I've done, it's intense! I feel like I have to be as good as a doctor to do this successfully. It is...
Quote: Originally Posted by JS686 For those of you that do medical transcription could you give me some insite into the field. I've been looking at the differant online schools and I'm not sure which ones are reputable. Also, I'm concerned about transcription work not being needed anymore because of new technology. I need to make at least 50K a year and I'm not sure if this is possible as a new MT. Any one with any insite in the field I would really...
just have a moment, but Pinksprkly... I would love to hear more about how you transitioned your dsd from EOW to week on week off. I'll be back later to comment on more-thanks everyone for your thoughts-
Hi all-my dd turned 2 in April, and has always been a big fan of nursing She has never slept through the night, and currently wakes up approx every 2-3 hours and needs to be nursed back to sleep (this is acutally an improvement, lol) She will stay latched on for most of the early morning (maybe 5-7ish when we get up, switching back and forth from side to side) I do sleep through a good bit of her nursing, so forgive me if I can't be very specific! During the day, if I...
I was just lurking over in single parents ( I like to get the other perspective, lol!) and didn't want to jump in on their thread. So, do you think 50/50 custody is a good/bad idea, has it worked for you, did you want it, etc.? I think it can work really well in some cases when both parents have been/want to be involved in all aspects of raising their child, although it is obviously not for everyone (parents or kids). I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences!
umm... I work, (although from home) until about 1 am during the week and am up at 7 am with dd every morning. While I understand that he needs a couple of hours to veg out after he gets home from work, He could easily be in bed by 1 and up by 8, right? Is he a person that needs a lot of sleep, or is it just that he is up so late every night? Good luck, sounds like he needs to bend a little bit now that you guys have a little one.
I'm a medical transcriptionist. I completed my program in January and have been working since March. It has been great so far-I have a dd who is 26 months. I work in the afternoon for 2-3 hours while dp watches her and for several hours after she goes to bed. It has been a tough adjustment from being a SAHM-I typically work until 1 am and get up with her around 7ish, so I am a little tired, lol. I am lucky to have a really flexible job, no set hours, just a set line...
My dd is 3 feet tall now-we either nurse on the couch, with her butt/legs either on my lap or the couch, or in the rocking chair in her room. In the rocking chair, I drape the leg on teh side her head is on over the arm of the chair, to kind of support her higher up, if that makes sense? It is the most comfortable way I have found of doing it so far. Also, a foot rest helps for the other leg! Her butt is resting on my lap, and her legs hang off the chair at an angle. I...