or Connect

Posts by kdaisy

So, I posted this in the ask an expert forum but got no reply: "My son is almost 3.5. Ever since his baby sister became mobile (around 9 months), he is constantly hurting her. He bites, pushes, hits, pulls hair, you name it. And it isn't always in anger...I can turn my back for a second and he has bite her finger. We have tried everything we can think of. Saying "We don't hit", is comical. Simply restraining him isn't possible unless he could wear a straight jacket...
My son is almost 3.5.  Ever since his baby sister became mobile (around 9 months), he is constantly hurting her.  He bites, pushes, hits, pulls hair, you name it.  And it isn't always in anger...I can turn my back for a second and he has bite her finger.   We have tried everything we can think of.  Saying "We don't hit", is comical.  Simply restraining him isn't possible unless he could wear a straight jacket 24 hours a day.  Time outs don't work because if he views...
I had forgotten to expect that magazine until this thread.  What a load of @#%.  Now I get absolutely nothing for that 2 year renewal.   I will never give Mothering another dime.   I agree it is like losing a best friend, but even more like your best friend betrayed you and then dumped you. 
Hi and welcome!   Your post sounds a lot like me when my husband and I decided to have kids.  :)  One book I would strongly recommend is Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin.  Or maybe that is jumping the gun?  Another great one to start with is Taking Charge of Your Fertility.    Good luck
I have been on Zoloft since my first was 8 months old.  I took it all through pregnancy number 2.  Like a pp said, my midwife and doctors all recommended I stay on it.  No ppd the second time around was awesome!
So we are finally nightweaning my 3 yo.  I am super happy and excited about it, and it is going very well.  We have been at it about a month.   Last week I developed mastitis in my right breast.  I have had it twice before, so I am familiar with catching it early.  And I was able to take care of it without antibiotics.  Now this morning I seem to have another bout in the left breast.   My questions...shouldn't my supply be adjusted by now?  I have a 13 month old...
Another vote for starting early.  My milk never dried up.  It dwindled, but DS never slowed down.  I think you are right in thinking if your enthusiastic nurser is newly weaned there could be some resentment towards the baby.  I nursed DS on demand, each time my newborn nursed, and he still was jealous and resentful!
Wow!  Someone tell my 3 yo there are other ways to fall asleep!
But what if that five o'clock napper woke up raring to go at 6:30?  This is my son.  I DO need a break, we have never wanted our son to stay up late.  But how do you force a child to sleep?
this is what we do with our 3 yo...he takes a late afternoon nap and then goes to bed late.  I can't handle those late nights though, and am looking forward to no more naps.