or Connect

Posts by kdaisy

Quote: Originally Posted by cheeseRjedi I used Shiva Rea's prenatal yoga dvd and it was great! I bought this dvd last month and love it! I have done yoga for years and still found it beneficial. But I agree with the other poster, it is good for newbies too. I love the three modifications at once thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by A-Veg-123 kdaisy, I know this was not the point of your post, but I just had to point out how great your Hubby sounds! You are a very lucky girl to have a partner who is so totally on board with you birthing choice, and who you know would defend it for you, even if maybe a little too vehemently. Good for you, and good luck at your appt tomorrow. Yeah, I think he is pretty special too! And I just wanted to...
I am so glad I found this thread. I have been dealing with this issue recently. And I am jealous of those of you who have seamless parallel care! I am currently 23 weeks pregnant. Before I got pregnant, my husband and I really were interested in a homebirth (for various reasons). I asked my gynecologist about it and whether or not my asthma and hypothyroidism would make me too risky of a candidate, she said she couldn't say but of course directed me against it. And...
Hi Dr. Nick! Sorry I couldn't resist!
Hi everyone! I have decided to finally de-lurk since I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer. I am expecting my first baby in March '08 and planning a homebirth. I love the information I have already gathered hanging around here. And thanks in advance for future help!
Boric acid is used in eye drops. It is only mildly acidic. My nurse practitioner recommended making up boric acid suppositories with size 00 gelatin capsules (I'm not sure I am remembering the size exactly, it about as big as an extra strength Tylenol.) You can buy those in a big pharmacy as well as the boric acid. I would insert one before I lay down to sleep, and in the morning everything would have dissolved, and there was a little watery discharge. They worked...