or Connect

Posts by Aherne

Quote: Originally Posted by spearso Come on, she's not Wal-mart, cut her a little slack. Do you have *any* idea how much it would have cost her to print that catalogue? What do you expect her to do, print a new one? Jeepers. susie I doubt anyone is knocking it. But a little note that says "sorry that we are no longer able to honor the free shipping due to increases in postal rates" would probably be good enough. Or a sticker placed...
Quote: Originally Posted by mykdsmomy Since starting cd'ing, our water bill has increased by about $60 a month...but that's for two in diapers, i dont have a mini shower (yet) and i usually wash at least one load of diapers a day but use three cycles to wash them...so we use a lot of water....that being said, I would ask him for a copy of the water/electric bill when it comes and compare it to the previous month and offer to pay the difference..... good...
Once they got bigger I just took two snappies and cut the middle part out and used one on each hip. Much better!
Is water and gas included in your rent? If he can prove a difference in the cost then offer to pay it. Our water bill went up about $5 I think (washing every 3 days sometimes double rinse with super loads since I had 2 in diapers) I never noticed a difference in the electricity. I'm sure there is but not like turning on the AC for the summer kwim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Boobiemama www.fernandfaerie.com has free ones I think. and www.dandeliondreamers.com sells her pattern. I LOVE the DD pants I got. I made a crochet soaker using the F&F pattern and I was quite pleased with the instructions. I think there were longie instructions as well. I've also used a DD pattern and liked it, but havent made longies. So, um, no help but to say they are both good at what they do in making...
That system works for a while. Though if they are sitting on the couch/carpet/carseat it doesnt work so much LOL. Unless he is actually interested in PT and using the potty then you are wasting your time and will just constantly be changing we underwear and it makes no difference that they are underwear since he is still peeing in them as if they were a diaper kwim? I put both kids back in diapers and one morning dd woke up and said she wanted her underwear. No pee...
Is it the elastic in the legs or the back casing elsastic that is shot? I'm not sure about which wahm you might be talking about that does repairs. It's worth contacting wonderoos, they might be able to fix it but after a year I would expect to pay a fee. A year of continued washing, some elastic issues would seem "normal" to me. Unless she has like 20 of these diapers and suddenly all the elastic is gone, then I might suspect it has more to do with washing.
www.nopins4baby.com has both, free shipping www.integritydiapercompany.com also has a wide variety of prefolds etc instock (and bummis)
Totally possible though I would be the least obvious about it until folding LOL. Rinse your yuck diapers as best possible. If you walk in with a rank bucket and reek up the place, you might find a sign the next time you come that says "no diapers" -- because I imagine most places have no clue that people use cloth diapers anymore so they wouldnt think to post about it. But they could probably get away with saying health code violations or something stupid (stupid...
Not sure I'd use them for wipes, especially a liquidy yuck since whenever I use a crochet/knitted cloth to wipe up a mess it usually seeps through since it is kinda meshy. But the handmade cloths are dreamy for dishes, cleaning house or cleaning child. And I totally agree with the comment of using it to clean your face. Just not sure I'd use it for poop.