or Connect

Posts by perspective

Quote: Originally Posted by nerdymom For the time being I don't know anyone who is pg, so I suppose I will have time to rebuild my strategy some. That incident just really took the wind out of my sails. Coming from a young circed guy, I will say this. Every single time you try, it makes a difference. Dont ever give up, because it would have made the world of difference if someone like you could have stopped my parents. Also, just knowing someone...
Quote: Originally Posted by Night_Nurse then I'm guessing daddy will want to go in and have a second circ too, right??? That would only seem right, so they could match and all. Hah, thats what I would like to see. Imagine a Dad who uses the "matching argument" be presented with the fact that his son has a much tighter circ then him. Lets see how many fathers would actually use this "matching" argument if it was THEM who had to go through further...
Quote: Originally Posted by glongley Dr Oz did about a 10-15 min segment on circumcision on Oprah in October 2007, I think. If he demo'd how to clean an intact penis with a cucumber and a tube sock. then it's probably a rerun of it. I wrote him a long critique at the time. WIsh they wouldn't keep showing it. Gillian Wow, what parent wouldn't be weirded out by keeping an intact baby if they used a cucumber and a tube sock to describe it, how...
Quote: Originally Posted by homeschoolingmama It is a show where a few doctors sit up on a stage and talk about health issues. There is an audience as well. It is on ABC at 10am here. weird, I never see any commercials for it. And most talk shows mention other shows now and again, from the view, to Oprah, to most night shows, but never this doctors thing. hmm.
Quote: Originally Posted by SashaBreeze So stupid question time now. Is there anything different we should be doing with ds age 3 as far as hygiene goes? Also is it ok that ds age 5 has not done this yet? His 3yod brother is a lot more..... hands on than he is so I am thinking that is the difference?? As someone said, the foreskin is somewhat self cleaning, so its not a big deal. But the answer to your question can be found in your...
What is "The Doctors"? I keep hearing people talk about on here, but no one that I know has ever talked about, I have never seen any promos for it or seen it on tv guide. Its like its this ghost show that does not seem to exist. lol
Quote: Originally Posted by Owlpainter This is one of the times that I am relieved my husband does not watch Oprah. Dr. Oz is on today and there was a brief segment on circumcision. He basically said the decision was up to parents but cited some negative information for the circing. He said you had to keep an intact penis very clean and hinted that circed penises were much easier to care for. He also hinted that intact penises were more likely to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Christine_T That is great. How many people,will see it though? Does anyone know the most viewed anti-circ site? It would be best if the best-viewed sites could be designed the best don't you think? For instance could http://www.nocirc.org be improved? (I don't know if that is the most viewed - just guessing) Sorry to put a downer on this but I'm just being realistic. Well I dont think its the most effective...
Well to be honest, I think you have two problems here. Your first is this: Quote: Originally Posted by bluebell i'm adamant that we won't circumsise and i'm sure we have a boy. dp is adamant that we will and was furious that i wouldn't even discuss it. he has always been really supportive of all the parenting things that i've chosen ap, non vax, home education etc. This is obviously very important to you, and obviously we all here agree...
Quote: Originally Posted by robertandenith Look at the new design! It offers a more mainstream approach http://www.intactamerica.org They have a bunch of "Did you know" facts about circ, and one was "Did you know up to 30% of teenage boys are confused or unaware of their circ status" or something like that. Is that true? Where did they get that % from? But this site is AMAZING, I LOVE IT. It makes me giddy. I still need to look through...