or Connect

Posts by perspective

Quote: Originally Posted by Sandy Roman It is women -who have the power to create life, that truly can heal us. Men tend to be destroyers, while women are creators. Envy Much? I think the world would be a better place if more boys learned to knit a pair of socks, after cleaning, carding and spinning the wool by hand. Knowing firsthand the effort that goes into the smallest things, -ones we take for granted, might make them less likely to break...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlessedMommy2006 I don't live in a very foreskin friendly area and I would just rather do everything to prevent problems from happening, rather than having to give the, "Circ is not an option," speech 50 times. So could someone give me the comprehensive list on how to prevent foreskin problems? I already know some of it I'm sure, such as no retraction, give acidophilous if antibiotics must be given, baking soda baths for...
Quote: Originally Posted by SBear12 she nodded in agreement and said she'd read it too, back when my brothers were born (in the early 80s). Surprised, I asked how she reconciled going ahead with circumsizing them, after learning more about it. She laughed and said "I didn't!" Great Mom! I wish I was born into your family!
Quote: Originally Posted by 1littlebit i don't understand how they would know that for sure. it seems very theoretical My point is its very different to try to resolve an epidemic like this if your not going to look at the realities on the ground. Yes you can say "well if we cut this many men we will see a % decrease". But its very different when talking to an individual and whats best for their health and body image using that same kind of...
Quote: Originally Posted by benj i'm not even sure south africa would work in the studies they are using. south africa is a little better of than the rest of sub-saharan africa. their prevalence rate is around 10% when countries like botswana or zimbabwe are hovering around 25%. each country has their own political, educational and social issues, it's not just about healthcare. I was not talking about the healthcare issue. I was saying the view...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1littlebit so is their reasoning that circumcision and a condom are safer b/c if the condom breaks or something you are less likely to get AIDS if you are circ'd? The argument only "works" when you look at it with the population as a whole. Its likely even if a condom broke the circumcised man would get/give HIV. But its saying "well if we circ a whole bunch of south africans there will be a percentage decrease in the...
Well I can tell you personally for me, condoms never caused me pain! They reduce sensitivity, but they never caused pain or discomfort. Why does that happen with your husband? Also consider how many men are circumcised in the United States. Considering how many condom companies we have, and its a stable industry in the US, I really dont think you can make the argument that circed men wont wear condoms. Now say we want to make a study researching if men in Africa...
I dont know. I am circumcised and I dont really have a problem with condoms. Yeah, of course they reduce sensitivity, but I still use them. I think this theory may not be the most sound. Really I think a better study would be one that takes a deeper look at the real factors why circ makes a difference (if it does at all). Because at this point they have some data, but no explanation for it (making them unable to rule out so many variables). On top of that the...
I was confused when I first reading this. Its funny I have not heard anyone refer to a "bulletin board" as anything other then something you find online in a long time.
Quote: Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie I went to her profile and then "all posts." She posted on another topic that it's a boy! Let the storm begin... Everyone get all their info ready, this lady is going to need a lot of help and support!