or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by perspective

Quote: Originally Posted by Tinker "fully loaded" kinda sounds like a spiffy new car with all the bells and whistles. hehehe. The only thing I could imagine that would even come close, is if WE had to endure FGM and had no clitoris. Being as how I DO have one the thought of not having one is kind of like "What's the point?" So yeah I get it. I do feel bad for the men. Well its not exactly the same as removing the clitoris. Biologically when...
Quote: Originally Posted by Star9Mama Now i wonder if we should get an Ultra sound? It seems unfair to possibly put the futur health of a female child at risk to protect the rights of a male one. I dont understand how a female baby would be any more at risk from an ultra sound, then a male baby would? But even if that was true, fetuses are scanned regularly, and multiple times. Unless there some negative health effects that are present in...
Your story is very important. There will be many men who are circumcised who will use the logic that if "I like it, he'll like it too". For these men who never had a foreskin, they dont know what they miss, just what they have. And thankfully, what they have can still be quite functional and enjoyable. But what these fathers, and what all parents need to remember is that no matter how great you think circumcision is, no matter what traditions your family or culture may...
Quote: Originally Posted by race_kelly I'm so sad right now. I know I shouldn't let this bother me so much that it's affecting me, but it does. My best friend, since 6th grade, and I had a rather intense conversation about circ. last night. She's not even pregnant yet, but I have given her a bunch of articles about it; I've talked to her about it. And she still says she's on the fence, because that's just what's done. Now let me tell you, this girl...
All very true. But we live in a country, and in a culture that does not see problems with the practice. Thats were the problem is. I disagree that the money is where the problem is. There are many people around the country that actually believe that males NEED to be circumcised. I bet you that there are people in your life that think that. I even had a very close and very smart female friend of mine come up to me one day after coming out of a human sexuality course she...
Quote: Originally Posted by Papai So sad that 11 percent think it should be a routine procedure. Sick. Yeah, it makes me sick too. Unlike people who believe that its a choice of the parents. People who say it should be routine are saying that boys natural bodies are dirty and unhealthy, and they are born broken, and need to be "fixed". 218 people supported that. I could never have a friend in my life that believed something like that. I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa85 Have you all even considered that it's possible the boy DOES want to be circ'd? You just assume he doesn't? Don't get me wrong, I'm not for circing personally. I'm against circing infants because they don't have a say, but I'm also against assuming another person automatically does or doesn't want something simply because I believe it's not right. Well, the mother has said that her son came to her and said...
Quote: There are two babies on the way now. They're both too early in their pregnancies to know the sex, but I was thinking of just leaving a "congrats on your pregnancy" kind of card on their desks with some circ info inside. That sounds like a great idea. I suggest getting a folder, and fill it with information about pregnancy and motherhood. Also include information on how to care for an intact penis and why circumcision is not the right...
I dont think you should get into a whole speech about why parents circ are not. I think the best way to make an impact on these girls, is to not say anything at all, and treat it as normal, or the standard. If they do ask, because of the age range, its probably best to just say something simple and quick, like "o, penises look different from each other" something that answers the question, but does not really talk about circumcision. If you actually talk about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Claire and Boys From the comments: OMG..... Did I miss that part of the article, or was that in the comment section? Wow. People are so misguided (I will not use the word stupid...oops!) that it scares me sometimes. Do these people not think logically? Imagine if that was true, that the natural male genitals had to be washed several times a day with alcohol swabs. If male genitals really had that many...
New Posts  All Forums: