or Connect

Posts by mamagrove

Hi, all! I don't want to break any rules here, so if this is out of place I apologize (& I'm sure you'll let me know, haha!). I know MDC isn't in the business of promoting people, but I want to share this with you! My niece Becca is 15, & she is a talented singer & songwriter. She auditioned for a vocal competition hosted by a local Christian radio station & was chosen as one of the top 20, then after a live "battle round" she made it to the top 8, & is now down to...
Jumping in late here, but the title caught my eye...   I tested positive for GBS with DD, had the antibiotics, & fully believe it contributed (or maybe completely caused) her many GI issues after birth that persisted until she was almost 3. The first year was extremely difficult, but we continued to have some issues even until she was around 3. She had severe reflux, ended up on an antacid medication (which I now know also probably made things worse, but I was a...
Here's a sideview of Lightning McQueen: And a backview of Mater:  
Wow, great costumes!!! Here are my two, as Lightning McQueen (DD), & Mater (DS, wearing the yellow hat). These were made & painted freehand by me.
Well, I posted recently about my 10mo ds being diagnosed with eczema... The rash was severe. We took him off all solid foods & put him on nutramigen/breastmilk only, & briefly used the steroid cream prescribed. The rash got a lot better, but of course was not eliminated, & he is still having flareups. We suspected food allergies b/c myself & dd have sensitivities, so I had his blood tested. Well, the results came back today, & the doctor left me a message on my cell...
I should clarify -- dd doesn't have eczema, she just had a lot of food allergies & sensitivities. She did erupt with rashes, but different than what we're dealing with now. And finding triggers & having her tested & getting all kinds of different advice depending on which medical professional we spoke to... it was so frustrating & disheartening. I'm just so unhappy to be going through this. And so unhappy for ds, for what he's going through now & what he'll have to go...
Hi, Kathy - thanks for the response. There are a lot of people dealing with eczema here, I was hoping I'd get more advice. :(    I still don't know how to proceed. So far, I had to use the steroid cream b/c dh said he'd do it if I didn't, & I didn't trust him to be as light-handed in the application as I would be. I agreed to use it for 3 days & see how it went. The good news is that within 24 hrs the rash looks a hundred times better. I don't know how to post pics,...
Somebody help!   I don't know where to start...   My 10mo ds had a fever 2 wks ago with a rash that started on his face/neck & within the next day moved down his trunk & back. He & 4yo dd are completely unvaxed, so I thought maybe it was rubella or measles, as it looked similar. The only other thing I thought it might be was scarlet fever, which I know does need antibiotics. He wasn't really acting that sick, so I wasn't too worried, but I took him to the ped on...
Hi, Teeny! I've never posted in this area before, but your title caught my eye. I have an almost-3-yr-old with insanely curly hair (I'm white, hubby is black). It's gorgeous & really long, but boy is it a lot of work! Mine is stick-straight, so it's definitely been a learning curve. My DD doesn't go to school yet, but I do work, so she goes to Grandma's house several times a week, leaving very early in the morning. I also can't do anything with her hair unless it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery Did your breasts increase in size during pregnancy? Do you have blood sugar issues? Did you take the fenugreek? How much and in what form? I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve that won't hurt and may just help. ironically, my breasts got HUGE during my pregnancy, & my mother nursed all 5 of her kids with no problems, so i thought i'd be just fine. but they were all show & no action. : as for my blood...