or Connect

Posts by beadmama

Quote: Originally Posted by changingseasons For future reference- it's my understanding that you can test without having the substance to hold. You can think about that food, or write it on a piece of paper and hold the paper. Writing it on a paper actually worked better for me, because then I didn't know what I was testing (I folded them up) until after I was done. Seeing the food, or word, made it really hard to just let go and let the pendulum do...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama9 It makes sense in a way as the body is in a dynamic state and the enzymes within the digestive tract are probably changing in their state also. I realize that I need to test him before each and every meal that I take. I sometimes don't though, it depends on where I am and who is in our presence That make perfect sense to me. I will start testing more frequently then. I test myself if it is a yes for me and a no...
I got lazy and slacked off on testing things and regretted it. My question is what do you do if one day it says something is fine and a few weeks later it tests as a no? Back in July I tested peas and it said okay so we started eating peas regularly then we started having problems and I tested them yesterday and it was a big no. Do I need to test the same foods everyday? Will some foods be okay one day but not the next and why would that be? That can get old real...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 DS' poops do that in die off - hard, and undigested foods. Then suddenly one day they get soft and digested again. If you're seeing improvements in other areas, you might try to encourage poop (mag supplements, Epsom salts baths would be the first things I'd try) and just press through. Thank you for the confirmation. I will keep pressing on with them. We do 1 - 2 epsom baths a day and today I told her she...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 One other note on the Yasko enzymes - I was comparing them to pancreatic enzymes on iherb, and the Yasko enzymes have a HUGE amount of papain (papaya enzyme). That may be why they're causing die off between meals, papain is a protease. It's also very effective against strep and other bad gut bacteria. So some people may see impact from the papain, rather than (or rather than just) the pancreatin in her...
I want to make my own chickpea flour but I am concerned about just grinding the dried chickpeas digestion wise. Is it crazy or beneficial to soak, cook, dehydrate and then grind them? I can do a large batch so I don't have to do it so often. I also have an Excalibur and a Vitamix dry container so that helps a lot! Any other tips on doing this? Dd is Celiac and VERY sensitive to any cc so this is the safest way I can do this otherwise I would buy it already done.
Dd as now been taking CP for just over two weeks and seems to be doing fine with them. She is on about 1.5 scoops per day and her bms have increased to almost everyday which is up from every 4 days. At first like I said they were dark green and almost mucousy but the color has been normal ever since and no mucous. I have been doing 1 adult scoop and have been doing fine on them. I am going to wait before increasing as she is still nursing and I don't want to make my die...
Yeah the barley and wheat came back really high on the IgG and the ALCAT but not on the IgE. We are going to stay away from the foods that reacted at all on the IgE as we already are off of them. We were eating potato occasionally so those are out. I think after a year or so of healing and we will try them. She has only had a few small pieces of macadamia nut about 6 weeks ago ( I also ate them) and within 10 minutes she lost bladder control for 2 weeks. Yeah, we...
Quote: Originally Posted by JaneS Yes celiac causes leaky gut so it makes sense that the intolerances were way high. Yeah that's what we figured as well. We are working on it and I think we are finally healing but it is taking forever or at least not as fast as I would like! Getting all the gluten cc out has made a big difference. Would you say sticking to all the lows on the IgG is still a good idea? Maybe wait 6 months to try them again? I...
The first day I gave Dd (6 strain) she had a bm that was a really dark green and with some almost mucosy texture after the formed one. Her next bm was solid and still dark but no green. So I think it was probably die off and getting rid of the old fecal matter in the colon and will probably take some tome to clean out. It has been one week with a single small scoop and yesterday I upped it to 1 rounded scoop. She is still pooping every 3 - 4 days so hopefully upping the...