or Connect

Posts by beadmama

Thanks for replying. I am still experimenting with it but I have an easier time believing the No's over the yes's LOL. Some of the things it has said yes to I am not ready to try yet but all in good time as I become more confident with it. Yesterday Dd was eating salmon and I never questioned her eating it as being a problem. My mom was here and I wanted to show her what I was practicing so while Dd was eating I held it over her head and asked if the rice was okay and it...
Okay I am bumping an old thread! Are you mamas still finding this helpful? I put a nail on a string this morning and have been testing it out and am finding interesting results. I have found that if I sit dd on my lap I can hold the nail over her head and test that way. So no on jicama, avocado and Kirkman Labs products but okays on teff, various fruits and meats. I also asked if candid was still an issue on each of us and a big no for both! Hmmm.....
Most of the new testing info is in the private section. Introduce yourself and what you are looking for and one of the mods will give you the code to get into the private forum.
Yes people have reacted to Bob's products. Everyone is individual on their sensitivity. Some people triple wash all grains and then soak cook or dehydrate and grind. Some wash with soap some don't. You just need to find what works best for you. Sorghum seems to be an issue for most people. It has to do with the harvesting process as most combines are rented or shared between fields and that is where the contamination occurs. They may be processed on a dedicated line but...
My dd (celiac) is VERY sensitive and we can't use the Azure products. I have eliminated all grains, nuts, legumes and seeds for now until I find truly clean sources. There are a few and you can find more info about that and other cc issues at the glutenzap forums. When I do find some I will still wash it all very thoroughly and then soak before cooking or dehydrating. On that note Teff from The Teff Company is clean and super sensitives are able to use it daily. I have...
Thank you!
We have a very active and curious 2 year old who also loves to climb. We also have some low 2nd story windows and with summer coming they will be open all the time. Does anyone have some window guards they can recommend? Anything to specifically look for in a window guard? Thanks for the help! Michelle
Dd and my b-day are in the next two weeks and I would like to have a small dessert for us to have when everyone else is partaking. We are currently fighting candida and allergic to gluten, soy and dairy. I am having a hard time finding a recipe already usable with our restrictions and I am not used to baking with alternative seed flours or low-carb/low-sugar. Any ideas? I have millet and buckwheat flour. I also have quinoa that I can grind if needed or I ordered...
Thanks Mamas! I was kind of surprised by Dhs question on this but you all assured him it is fine with your answers. Today the crib comes down! What a waste of money.
We bought a crib when dd was born and we have used it a handful of times. It has the side off of it so it can be a toddler bed but Dd and I sleep on a full size mattress on the floor. I am looking to move out of her bed in the next 6 months or so and back in with Dh. I want to take the crib down but Dh wants me to ask this question. Is it safe for a 2 year old to sleep on a full size mattress on the floor by herself? It has a guard rail on it as she does roll a lot. I...