or Connect

Posts by littleaugustbaby

Quote: Originally Posted by yoyo65 without News & Current Events, Politics and with TOA being heavily moderated to even get a post on, MotheringDotCommune is really boring now, IMO. I agree. I think that once your kids are out of the baby stage, there's not as much need for the parenting specific forums on a regular basis. By the time your kid is 3 or so, you don't have all of the questions that you do when they're infants and toddlers. TAO and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna That's so convenient when you are part of the majority. And clearly people weren't following the UA, which is why their were so many thread closures and the forum has been closed more than once before this, plus we went without a politics forum for 2 years here. I remember that well. But I don't see anything 'convenient' about it, I just see it as using basic good manners and being an adult and engaging in...
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy IMO Politics is personal. I don't think that it has to be. I think that anyone who is going to engage in a political discussion needs to be adult enough to be able to separate the personal aspect from it - and that goes both ways.
Quote: Originally Posted by CathMac Speaking as someone in the minority, it was a pretty lonely, isolating and demoralizing experience. And that's a tremendous understatement. I think that stuff like this is the huge problem...if a messageboard gets to you so badly that you describe it as "lonely, isolating, and demoralizing" then I think it's time to take a step back and stop going. I have to question the motives of anyone who would...
If someone started a new off-site forum for political and current events discussions, would we be allowed to advertise it on MDC?
If it's a manpower issue, why not recruit more mods? I'm sure that there would be people willing to help.
Quote: Originally Posted by bjorker Huh. I hadn't heard of it, so I googled it. Looks similar. Now I'm interested in hearing more about it too... anyone? but uh... the compensation? Seems to be lacking. ChaCha's isn't so hot anymore. They've given the short, easy answers to expiditers, and now all of the guide questions are all 3-4 minute questions. The guides who were making $8 to $10 an hour before are making $3 to $5 now. And now...
Quote: Originally Posted by bri276 anyone working for kgb? No, but I'm starting to hear a lot of buzz about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by 1growingsprout Just a PSA.... Please remember when you short sale or let your property foreclose the bank is loosing money. That all starts to trickle down to the employees at the bank, there is less $$ to pay the employees and people like my DH are faced with the real possibility of loosing yet another job because of a direct relation to the mortgage/credit industry. So while something may benefit 'you', it may be harmful...
Quote: Originally Posted by mar123 A bank will only approve a short sale if you are behind in payments and foreclosure is iminent. Even then, you have to be approved for a short sale. If your financials show that you can still afford your note, you will not be approved. Yes, and even then, it is incredibly difficult to do a short sale. The banks make it incredibly difficult, and most of the time, they reject offers on short sales. I would...