or Connect

Posts by TekknixMom

Seriously, best thread EVER. And I pee in the shower, there I said it. DH says he doesn't, but I know he does. Don't ask how I know, but I do.
Quote: Originally Posted by angelika13 My 14 month old poops once every two days. I have no idea what is normal- but all day long seems like a lot to me. Have you asked your Ped? We typically don't go to the ped unless there is something wrong since most well checks are for vaccinations and not much else. My sister-in-law and mother-in-law did work as OBGYN assistants and both have said that his pooping seems normal... And I'm sure it is, it...
Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMommaToo At that age, my kids were always in a sling or seatbelted into the cart. Seriously, DD's feet have probably never touched the floor in the grocery store! By three, my son was capable of (more or less) walking with me. Not before, though. Anyway, I guess at 15 months I'd suggest looking for work-arounds. I hope you can find something that works for your family. -e It's one of the "problems" with...
Quote: Originally Posted by ashley1972 We will find out. I feel like its nice to have some tiny bit of control (picking a name, clothes, painting the room, etc) over something that is mostly completely out of our control (labor, what kind of birth we end up with). Honestly I don't see the benefit in not finding out... but that's just me. I think my reasoning for wanting to not know is the same reason many moms don't want to find out : that...
Quote: Originally Posted by transformed borax is a roach killer. Isn't it toxic? Where do you buy it? It's actually a laundry booster that just happens to also be able to kill roaches. It's considered "relatively safe" for humans, though it really would only make your stomach upset if you ingested it (from what I've heard). Anyhow, you can buy it over where the laundry detergent and rit dye is sold
My husband asked me if our son's poop schedule was normal and I told him the truth: I have no idea! There are some days where literally EVERY diaper during the day has at least a little poop in it. But most days he poops (even if only a tiny bit) about 8 times a day. Is this normal? How often/how many times do your little ones 'go'?
Quote: Originally Posted by ruhbehka Can you lay him down or put him into a sitting position, instead? Sitting position we tried, but we haven't tried laying down. The problem is that he normally does this in the store and so I really need him to walk instead of sit or lay...but either way he's going to throw a tantrum... I'm also curious how people here handle tantrums in general...because I'm not sure how effective my tactics are lol.
I'm somewhat on the 'keep it to yourself' train, no matter how hard it may be. How close are you with her? If it were someone I was pretty close with, I would have no problem buying her a bottle of fenugreek and giving it to her a few days before the trip and just adding, "I know you're going to be pumping while you're gone, fenugreek helps with milk supply so if you take some now and all the way through your trip it may help your supply not go down so much". but again,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cujobunny I'm not a fan of food being wasted, so I don't usually give him more of what he still has on his plate. Some things, like cereal I only give him a little bit to begin with because he doesn't like when it gets soggy. So in that case, if there is a little left in his bowl, I"ll give him more. If say, he asked for more chicken because he ate what he had but still had some veggies left or something, I would give...
My son, 15 months old, for the past few months has gotten this habit that we just can't shake. I know tantrums are normal, and we do what we can about them. But what he's doing is really REALLY getting to me. If you go to put him down on the floor after you've been holding him (I hold him often, but sometimes you just have to put the kid down!) as soon as his toes touch the floor he flings his body onto the floor (which makes it look as if you THREW him to the floor)...