or Connect

Posts by melanyh

has anyone been to him or this practice?  i know there's an office in arlington, too.  considering visiting as i'm overwhelmed by some digestive issues & need some guidance.  i searched & didn't really find anything, so i thought i'd ask.  thanks!
me. no purging, just binging -- right now, in fact.
me. i'm in the same boat. join me in the frustration! soren is two and used to eat anything!!! i was so happy as ds1 (aspergers / dyspraxia) was SUCH a picky eater. around 1 things changed. at this point, soren's day consists of raw milk, two to three snack traps of kashi heart-to-heart honey oat cereal for breakfast, a hummus or grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, if we're lucky, a kashi cereal bar. for dinner he USED to eat local eggs w/cheese or even sweet...
just asking -- i've checked at realmilk.com and it doesn't seem there is, but my family's traveling to ocean township, NJ for thanksgiving (asbury park-ish area) and i would really love to be able to find my kids raw milk for the week. i have indeed thought of sending a frozen gallon with my husband ... but i'm worried about it busting, of course ... and i just KNOW he's not going to have the time or energy to keep shaking it as it thaws during his travels to help it...
so i took my jars down so i could taste and push the cabbage down. wow. the first jar i opened was actively bubbling and sizzling w/tons of white foam on top. wow!!! it sounded like a soda fizzing in a glass. guess that means things are moving along! i tasted it, but it still tastes ... well, cabbage-y. no tang yet. i opened them all & pushed the cabbage down. all had some level of bubbliness, but none like that first jar. i recapped 'em and i guess i'll...
i jarred four smaller mason's jars last sunday. shredded cabbage and sea salt. i did not have any whey. mashed it, etc., for juices, jarred. it's been in the back back of a cabinet since sunday. i really don't see much bubbling, etc. the cabbage has "fluffed up" a bit in that i'd had it mashed down pretty good covered by juices and now it has puffed up and isn't so much covered in juice as it's just all juicy in there now. do i continue to leave it in the...
thanks! i'm going to switch to fermented next time we order, so perhaps i'll try again then. he can suss that taste out in ANYTHING. i'd try OJ (which is how i get it down), but he doesn't drink any juice (just milk & water) ... he's a sweet, chunky, pleasant little thing, so i'm not THAT worried ... just wanting to plant the seeds of good health.
no way, no day, no how. not in a box, not with some lox. he does eat a good amount of organic butter and eggs that we get from a local farm. he also drinks raw milk. the rest of us (me, dh and ds1 who is 6) take blue ice CLO. does the babe even NEED a supplement similar to CLO? he gets probiotics and a drop of carlson's baby D daily. am i overthinking and assuming he needs an oil-type supplement when he doesn't? thanks.
hi all. i did a search & did not come up w/much, but i'm open to being directed to a thread. i really need some digestive enzymes, but cost is an issue. my stomach roils & boils after every meal and i won't bore you w/the details of my bowel habits. i used enzymedica digest gold for just a bit and it seemed to help, but man, those are expensive! in utopia i'd love to be able to afford those, but i have to be real and realize i just can't and stop NOT taking...
hi there ... i've been having troubling digestive issues for a while (almost a year, now): basically chronic and multiple loose stools/diarrhea. i typically go anywhere from 5-10x/day. this happened one other time in 2004 (the month i stopped BF-ing, so i remember) ... lasted about 8 months and then suddenly vanished. i had testing back then for celiac, parasites, etc. -- NOTHING. i also could not (and still cannot) afford the colonoscopy co-pay. i realize that...