or Connect

Posts by mk12

I use this one - http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU477/ItemDetail   It's very high quality, made from grassfed milk and is a great bargain.   You can read more about whey protein here: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/health-library/products/grass-fed-whey-protein-powder.html
Quote: My tips, are to start by cleaning. It will get you into the mindset of respecting & honoring what you have, & it will feel much nicer. In the mean time look around & find your style. Paint the walls a neutral color. Get rid of wall to wall carpet, painted floor boards are much more attractive imo, use porch & floor paint. We did this in the kids rooms it looks really nice & is way cheaper then new flooring! We also painted all the wood trim in the house...
I get terrible red bumps all over after epilating. I read that using moisturizer right afterwards can make it worse. What I do now is apply rubbing alcohol to the area afterwards, and no lotion. I also try to avoid wearing socks the day I epilate my legs, or anything else that would further irritate the epilated area. I usually will apply rubbing alcohol again after the next time I take a shower too. This has prevented the red bumps for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by MaxMommy I keep mine short, easier to keep clean that way. They also don't get in the way when you are doing anything. I get very bothered when I see people who work with the public wearing long (especially false) painted nails. I can't stop thinking what kind of dirt is under them, creeps me out. To me, short, unpolished nails that are well manicured look way better than long, jmho. How annoying for you to be judged like...
Quote: Originally Posted by caedmyn I think I will boil it and offer it up free for shipping on a different board. If no one wants it, I'll toss it. I'd offer it to my sis but I've had babies and she hasn't so it wouldn't fit her. I have seen people sell or give used cups away... I think it was on the LiveJournal menstrual cup community. Once you wash it and boil it, I'm sure it's completely sterilized... although I could see how some...
I noticed my Lunapads were getting a bit funky after several years. For a while I was just rinsing them, hanging them dry and then throwing them in the wash. Then I went back to soaking them, and I noticed the soak water became unbearably nasty very quickly. The last two cycles I added a bit of Borax to the soak water and it seemed to help a lot. I also usually add Borax or Oxygen cleaner to my wash load.
Quote: Originally Posted by loon13 I don't think it's silly to want a certain color, not when they are offered in so many. I think it does help if you think your cup is cute. It makes a monthly thing that more bearable. I don't always love my period...the fatigue, the stains, etc. But the cup really really makes it easier for me. My period started this morning and my cups were just delivered this afternoon. The green cups and their little...
Quote: Originally Posted by loon13 ETA: Here's a link that has pictures of the different cups. You can see where some of the holes are in the pics. The cups like the Diva, Mooncup, and Keeper have a rim, and usually the holes are under the rim. The smooth cups (the green Ladycup is exactly the one I have) are easier to see the holes. http://menstrualcups.wordpress.com/2...-cup-pictures/ Thanks for the info, and thank you for posting that...
Thanks for the advice Loon. I have one more question, if you don't mind. I have read that the little holes in the LadyCup are lower down than other cups, and because of that the volume it holds is less. I also read someone's post that it can fill higher than the holes and doesn't leak because of the way they are angled. I was just wondering if you noticed whether or not it tends to leak if it gets filled above the holes? I'm hoping it doesn't since that would...
Quote: Originally Posted by loon13 mk12, those are good prices. I know what you mean about bidding on Ebay. I don't even bother bidding until it's the day the auction ends. Enjoy your cup! I'd like to heart what you think of it... Yeah, I waited until the last minute or so because I didn't want to inflate the prices too much. There were quite a few where people put in bids for the starting price days before, and a couple of them never got...