or Connect

Posts by Narn

I can relate to a lot of these posts, especially the anxiety, depression, boredom and reading the book in class! I really think if someone had told me that getting a GED at 16 and going to college early was an option, I wouldn't have wasted two years lying in bed avoiding school! I think more school counselors should tell students about all their options, instead of just letting them fail or drop-out to do who knows what. But no one ever seems to advise a student that...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan "Well, if you don't want us to respond to your cries in the dark when you grow helpless and weak, feel free to right a living will to that effect, but I have to tell you I'll feel horrible following your request." You always have the best comebacks!
I don't know if it can spread in water, but I wanted to mention that if they are red and pussy that means they are getting ready to heal. Once my LOs started to look like that it took a week or so for them to quiet down, then start scabbing over. But they took turns, one by one, getting pussy and red, then going away. It has been two or three months since the first one started, and the last ones are just now going away. So if they look red I think your LO is on the way...
I feel the same as a PP who said they feel as though they are interrupting the TV viewing when they are visiting. That's exactly how I feel when I visit my brother, sister, dad or grandfather. My sister is so bad with it I even said something about it after a while. It didn't change anything. The TV is HUGE and BOOMING LOUD. I live only a mile away and used to visit when my LO was a baby, but all my sister did was sit and watch TV when I was there. All she talks about...
When I was that age I loved Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary. I can't really remember much about them now. Although, recently I was thinking about that whole "eat it or wear it" episode. That's not very nice!
Woah! I'm glad I don't live near those!
I always did really well in school until my parents divorced when I was 15. My grades started to fall. I stopped going to school very often. I moved a lot. I studied at home, and learned fine on my own. But I dropped out in 11 grade. Then I went back to my original HS. Then I dropped out again the next year. I went to college and did really well for a couple of years. But I didn't finish my degree. I got a good job, and did that for a year until I got pregnant. Now I'm...
Anything asking for money to see animals is a big NO for me. That includes the circus, zoos, dog shows, pet shows, etc.
I would never be cool with my DH friending an ex on FB. I wouldn't be cool with my DH having a FB account at all. I am extremely jealous of the girl he kissed when he was 12. Or the cute check-out girl at the grocery store. Is that a little crazy? But I have a FB account, and someone on my friend list is an ex (just a high school BF, no big deal). Is that setting a double standard?
My LO is 18 months and has always needed to be constantly carried. Lately, though, it has been getting ridiculous. I mean, she screams when I set her down so I can use the bathroom. I'm saying, I have to use the bathroom with her on my lap! For her I don't think it's separation anxiety so much as wanting to be in control of everything. I guess that is a kind of anxiety, but it seems very normal. She wants to always know what I'm doing and be doing it with me. It is...