or Connect

Posts by Craftymama

DD #2 cried all day long until she was 2...lol. It was horribly hard to function but as far as routine goes, we were pretty set in that around 6-7 months. There was 23 months between ds #1 and dd #2. It was a hard jump to two kids. It will even out. You are still adjusting to being a new mommy again. Dd#3 is 5.5 months and I started to get into a routine and feeling normal around 3 months but my older kids are now 9 and 7 so that makes a huge difference. I know...
My 5.5 month old takes one 15-30 minute nap a day and that is one me. She doesn't sleep well at night either.
My older kids are 9 and almost 8. My answer is yes I do believe ap has something to do with what wonderful and secure kids they are. I have a 5.5 month old and I have to remind myself of those kind of days that it really does pay off in the end. Yes, it does. I had a horrible morning today but some lady I didn't know says "Your baby looks so happy because you keep her close to you. That's the way they need it." I just love the way life reminds you in subtle ways...
That must've scared you. What a way to wake up. Dh woke up one morning and my feather pillow had come out from under my head and was covering my baby's. So now I just sleep on one small pillow. We have a sidecarred crib but when she wakes up to nurse she is in our bed. Sometimes on my side and sometimes in between dh and I. I sleep on my side and her tummy is against mine otherwise she rolls over (we have a tempurpedic mattress) and gets wedged face down. Her head...
I am so lucky with this one. She is usually ready for bed around 8. I nurse her and put her down in the sidecarred crib. Sometimes she wakes up 30 minutes later and then I bring her out while we are watching t.v. and put her down again. Then Ali doesn't wake up again until 1:30-2. That's when she comes into our bed. Sometimes I scoot her back into the crib and other times (depending on how awake I am) she just cuddles up next to me.
Evening times are that way around here too. I usually get dinner stuff prepped in the afternoon so I can instruct my older two or dh how to cook it. The crockpot is wonderful. Leftovers are even better...lol. I hear ya though...I could care less about figuring out dinner. Blech.
I lost my dad two years ago to brain cancer. My dh was only 6 hours away but I really did need him. I told him to wait and I would be fine but I wasn't. I was glad he knew me better than I knew me and came. I am sorry for what you all have to go through.
Your little one sounds like my 3 kids. It is always nice to know that this is somewhat normal so I just thought I would share. During the day, I wear Ali (5 weeks). She falls asleep and naps on me or if she is in the sling I can almost always slip it over my head and settle her into the carseat with a blanket laid down it it. This may get me 30 minutes. Long enough to jump in the shower, go to the bathroom with out her, and maybe even make lunch!!! Nighttime is a...
Hi, I have been somewhat of a lurker on here since I was prego. Have only made a few posts. I can't remember if I introduced myself or not. My name is Jennifer (35 yo) and I am SAHM to my three kiddos. I just gave birth to our last lil girl on 12/4. Dh is done and getting fixed in a couple of months. I am sad about retiring my uterus but fully support his decision because it was our agreement to try for our third. I tried for 5 years to get prego with my 1st. ...
Ali makes my heart melt whenever I wake up and she's on her side with her head up against my boob with a lil smile. The noises she makes when she sleeps make her sound like a little Pug Puppy so that is what I have been calling her. It is too cute.