or Connect

Posts by mum21andtwins

Quote: Originally Posted by lab How about when your hormonal teenager doesn't want to bathe? Keep in mind - you have set up a scenario where you don't encourage hygiene and your 15 year old is greasy, with lots of pimples because you allowed at 5 for the kid to make bathing choices? Now you might be saying that splashing in the kitchen is encouraging hygiene - but I'm thinking that kid's butt isn't getting clean splashing in the kitchen...... I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by brokenheart What about a smelly, sticky 2 year old who isn't in the mood to have a bath? Would you sit down and brainstorm a respectful alternative? I'd love to hear how that goes. actually it goes really easy, he doesnt want a bath ok how about spalshing puddles I'd ask and they love that so I switch the shower on put the plug in and we splash each other snuggle and what not in the bath and without realising it...
Quote: Originally Posted by olien DS is almost 22mo & I have a 6wk DD. I read UP, these boards for a while & now reading Raising Our Children/Ourselves. I 'get' the concept of GD, but find it so hard to put it into practice, especially when DH is CONSTANTLY telling me to hit him. It makes me second guess the way I want to parent my DC. Not that I want to hit, but DS's behavior doesnt seem to be improving much & the few times DH has hit DS the behavior...
I have an itunes voucher and don't really want any more apps or anything have no desire to buy music trough them (I like my cd's lol!) so I noticed they have these 2 books in app form which one would you get?
sainsbury's has them but I guess tesco and somerfields would too. I only have sainsburies near me
looks like waitrose does something similar Ingredients Organic chickpeas (39%), organic onion, organic bulghur wheat (14%), Moroccan paste (12%), organic apricots (4%), organic rice starch, organic wheat flour, organic coriander, organic sunflower oil, organic coriander powder, organic cumin, sea salt, organic garlic puree, organic chilli. Moroccan paste contains water, organic honey, organic apricots (11%), organic dates, organic red wine vinegar, organic ...
every once in a while I treat myself to cauldrons falafel and they have changed their recipe soo much better too the point the kids love them (they didn't like them before) now the problem with this is it is really expensive to buy enough for 5 of us so I'd love to make something similar a nd veganise it (honey to agave no probs I think) these are the ingredients chickpeas (46%) bulghir wheat Morocan paste (12%)[apricots (apricots, riceflour) dates,red wine,vinegar,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthy Mama I didn't have any tone-sorry you took it one way over another. I just said I didn't agree with you. I also never said I punish my daughters. Nor did I say you advocate taking advantage. I was stating simply that I'm glad it works for you-but it went horribly wrong for my friend and now her child has complete control over her. Right so who should have control? why should one person ( and I don't care if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Heavenly Consequences are a part of life. Your child can be inside a bubble in your own little world but when they go out into the real world there will be consequences for their behaviour. I personally think anyone who leads their child to believe that they can have/do whatever they want is doing their child a huge disservice. That doesnt make sense at all. Every where you go there are different rules so why not at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthy Mama I think that it is a natural consequence. "You have to take a bath before we go to the store (where the snack is)." No it is artificial created to be a punishment. a natural consequence is your knee is hurt if you fall on it. taking away a treat is a punishment.