or Connect

Posts by Kirstyandgirls

Hi everyone,   I've never visited this forum so I hope you don't mind me just jumping in. I have two daughters dd1 is 9 and dd2 is 5. DD1 is very interested in the human body. I'm a midwife and have always been very open with her about sex and babies etc (she has known how babies were made since she asked me, probing for detail after detail, when she was 4) I bought her a book about reproduction last christmas which she has read many times and often asks me questions...
Hi, weirdly the wedding was cancelled at the last minute (prob about two days before) due to a paperwork issue. The couple are still together and will re-book as soon as they can. I don't have much contact with this friend anymore sadly. Also the ex has fallen out with the bride and has stated that he won't be going to the wedding when it is rescheduled anyway! It's a shame how wide reaching the effects of a break up are
I think, OP, that it would really help your peace of mind to think of things from her perspective.   Like mentioned up thread, she is young and in over her head, she is now in a relationship with a man with such low morals he would cheat on his wife and children in their home, she knows that he will have you in his life forever because of the children and you have a shared history that she has no part in, he WILL cheat on her probably sooner rather than later and she...
Storm bride, you have totally hit the nail on the head! When the affair became public Jane reacted really .... Strongly. She sent my ex a really malicious message (I didn't see it) she rang me in tears and hasn't spoken to my ex since. I know that she and her fiancé now have an agreement not to discuss it as it caused so many arguments between them. They have a history of infidelity in their relationship and to be honest her fiancé is definatly not someone that deserves...
Thanks for the replies everyone. My friend text me again this morning with another apology and I call her right away so that it wasn't awkward. It's all forgotten now I tell you what though I am DREADING this wedding :'(
No! Initially ex wasnt invited (originally he was supposed to be bestman) but he is invited now but I dont think he would even think of taking her...it would be totally disrepectful to add that dimension of awkwardness to the wedding!   The wedding is split, the ceremony is sat eve and the reception in sunday daytime. I discussed it with my friend and said that I would go to the ceremony with the girls but not the recpetion. She was fine with that when we discussed...
Ikr? I sent her something like "I've already said that me and the kids are coming. I'm really upset by that message" she didn't reply for a couple of hours then sent: "Oh I didn't mean to upset you but just feel like the wedding is gonna be crappy and awkward, I know its not your fault, sorry x" I get that it is awkward for her but for god sake! I didn't choose for this to happen... It's not my fault my ex decided to shit on his own doorstep!!! I was upset but to be...
Oops just seen the date of the thread! I wonder how it turned out for the op
I think you should just cut off contact with him. If he takes you to court to get his name on the birth cert then deal with it then. He's obviously not the kind of man you want around your child. Hopefully it will be such a long drawn out process he will get bored and move onto his next victim. I'm sorry you are dealing with this stay strong mama x
Hi everyone, Background: ex and I split up dec just gone because he was having an affair with his teenage barmaid. The only mutual friend we have is my friend, I'll call her Jane, and her stbh John. John is ex'a best friend and works at his pub (and in all likelyhood knew about his affair all along) Jane was very upset when she found out what was going on and totally on my side (she hasn't spoken to ex since) So Jane and John were a couple that we have hung out with all...