or Connect

Posts by HappiMomof4

I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on: "Proto, do you like Froot Loops?" "No, I don't like things that sweet in the morning." "Well, my MOMMY gives me Froot Loops and I'm going to tell her you think she feeds me bad food." Oh my. I would be afraid to open my mouth in front of this child! She's a tough one to be around. I must be out of shape when it comes to this stuff. FWIW, I think you guys handled it the right way. The phone call could have led to getting that car...
You really need to be complimented on how hard you work at trying to keep your little blended family happy and healthy. That first day of school picture situation was downright rude and I don't know how it went down (did she get the picture of just the three of them?) but I used to get put through that too...every family function, my DH would get cornered and it was almost like a game....before we knew it he had his son on one side, his daughter on the other side and...
All I can say is be honest with yourself and your child. I too had a mom who never spoke a bad thing about my dad. Dad was a mean, suspicious man but as it turned out, dear old mom was torturing him while she was trying to decide what she wanted. She thought my dad's family had money. They dated for a few months and after a night of heavy drinking she told him HE PROPOSED to her and then insisted they go shopping for a ring. Yes, the family owned their own business but...
You sound really frustrated. She's probably just a mom trying to make up for all the mistakes she has made. She is probably trying to do as much as she can as quickly as she can. You've been there through thick and thin. No one can take that away from you or your step-children. No one can erase the memories (good or bad) so try to relax. She can't undo all the good things that you've done just like she can't undo all the lousy things that she has done. Let her be...
"If she is good to them, allow her to be at the children's extracurricular activities. You don't have to sit next to her, or be her BFF, but to just allow her to be there. She probably feels some bond with your children and wants to participate in things." I don't know about this statement..."allowing" her to attend things IF she is good to them. I think that's a bit outside biomom's scope of control, no? I feel that kind of attitude would put this new relationship...
I'm sorry, but why would you have to have the placenta removed manually? I have had 3 children, all natual, no pain meds at all. Not pleasant but not horrific either. I do remember getting the placenta out wasn't fun either and the doctor had to really press on my belly but no one when 'in' to get it. Actually, if I remember correctly, with my last, it took longer and the doctor really had to press hard but it came out. I think it might hurt more because you're not in...
This can't be easy for you but it sounds like you're really trying to move on in a positive way. I think just by giving your children 'permission' to like her will ease a lot of the stress in their lives. My step children were constantly reminded of how much I didn't matter in their lives (even though they lived with me) and our relationship suffered because of that. Especially with my step daughter. She really had to make a choice, me or her mother, and once she did,...
I'm in NJ and this was about 10 years ago but when my DH was paying child support for his son he and his ex were doing it without lawyers at first. He paid 1/2 of tuition (about $10,000 per year and we didn't have any say in the school that was chosen), 1/2 of all extra activities, doctor bills, and the total came out to about $800 a month depending on the bills for the month. When a custody fight ensued and they HAD to go to court, we had to submit our financials. Now,...
I wish I had some advice but I don't. I just wanted to say that violence should not be tolerated on ANY level. Is there some sort of stipulation or boundary that you can put in place and have everyone agree to..for instance, if she hits/hurts you physically, THIS will happen and everyone knows it from the start and no one will be surprised if you call the police (just an example and I know, that's extreme but so is knocking someone down the stairs) or something. This is...
Happy Belated Birthday. You did the right thing by celebrating your special day instead of writing the letter. You sound like a great girl. I wish my SD was just a little bit like you! I disagree with other posters that say you owe it to your dad and his wife and should help with their children. Unless you're getting paid, you're right, its not in your job description. School is so important and they should be supporting you in that area and encouraging you to do...