or Connect

Posts by seahorsie

I could kick myself - we pulled a deer tick out of my nearly-3 yr old son this morning. It is engorged with blood, intact and still alive in a jar at the moment. I'm not sure, but I think I saw it yesterday, but thought it was a speck of dirt - so it could have been on my son for over 24 hours. I called ds's doctor this morning, but he is booked today and so I left a voice mail. I gave ds ledum homeopathic remedy 30c after cleaning his scalp with tea tree oil. So what are...
Just returned from a frustrating trip to Whole Foods, trying to figure out what to feed a finicky 7 year old dd who can't have eggs (especially) or gluten. I just looked on Amazon to see if there is any such thing as an egg-free, gluten-free cookbook... nothing came up. Can anyone recommend a decent cookbook for these issues - with recipes that actually taste good? (baking mainly) We have a cakewalk coming up at school too May 1, I would love a yummy recipe so my dd...
If it were my home, I would not hesitate to try the potting indoors, but our landlady is already petrified that we will destroy her off-white wool carpeting. I don't want to have to worry about this happening.
I would love to rely on the seed planting, but if it's raining, we won't be able to do that. (it has to be done outdoors)
I am hosting my daughter's 7th birthday party in 2 weeks (march 15). As always, due to unpredictable weather, we end up planning 2 parties, one for rain, one for sun. The one activity I have planned for either scenario so far is that a special guest juggler is coming to entertain the children (gift from aunt). Our budget is extremely tight - if it doesn't rain, I was thinking of having each child pot some flower seeds (we live in N. CA) to take home. Knitting &...
I have been bfing my ds for 2 years - yesterday I started feeling pain in my left breast, armpit, & upper arm. My son prefers the right breast, and today, when I had him nurse on the left side, he couldn't get milk from it. Is it possible for one breast to dry up and not the other? or is this something else? There is no lump that I can find, just painful.
I am currently nursing my 2 yr old ds, but very sporadically, mostly mornings, and a little at night. Yesterday, I noticed some pain coming from my left breast at the nipple, radiating down the armpit and upper arm. It's a pinched nerve kind of feeling, hurts when I move my arm - but I don't know if that's what it is. I think ds ends up nursing a lot on the right breast these days, could the left be drying up? I don't know what the symptoms are. There is no swelling, no...
My family is considering travel to India, near Pune, next year. I have not vaxed our kids, ages 6 and 2. The ashram we are going to is very clean and food is safe. My husband did not get any vaxes spent 3 weeks there 3 years ago without incident, as well as elsewhere - Himalayas, Delhi. The kids would remain at the ashram most likely. But I am still concerned, never having been to India myself, & imagining the worst. Any ideas here? My daughter has a bit of OCD. Some...
Wasn't sure where to post this question... but is it legal to obtain sand from your local beach to fill a sandbox at home? Both the expense and the potential silica dust hazard from store-bought sand concerns me.
My 6 yr old dd has an opportunity to be exposed to chickenpox today or tomorrow if we choose. I would love to get it over with - but my 2 yr old ds has some kind of virus going on - a little bit of a croupy cough at night & possible eye infection of some kind (see my other pinkeye post). Would it be too much for him to be exposed also? I was thinking of exposing him directly too. I read that it is better for siblings to contract chickenpox together to lessen the severity...