or Connect

Posts by swd12422

My 2 year old has never tolerated milk/milk products well, and has some strange digestive issues that the GI wants to treat with chemical laxatives, etc. Made the mistake of following his advice once, and now feel like most of his issues can be resolved with better things in his diet. He is already dairy-free and has been taking Culturelle for a couple of weeks. Not sure yet if it's helping, but it doesn't seem to be hurting.   I had tried him on Kids RAW Probiotics and...
I'm only just finding this thread, and am grateful that you started it. Thank you! Re: Primal Wound, I'm glad you said that, too, as I've wondered about it quite a lot in the past 6 years since we adopted our son. He has never asked any questions about his bio family, and he does know he was adopted. I often wonder if he just has no "wound" or if he is suppressing his feelings. Time will tell, I guess. And FTR, I know it felt like some on here were arguing your viewpoint,...
You all are cracking me up. Yeah, DS decided to potty learn, but he's not quite ready yet. He's still having accidents, and now and then DH gets frustrated and yells at me to put im back in diapers. I told him it is well worth cleaning up pee puddles and even the occasional poop accident rather than to be changing poopy diapers every day. Especially this kid's poopy diapers....   So sometimes his poop is just a giant blob and sometimes it starts out "wormy" (LOL) and...
I had to LOL at your post. And thank you.   I do agree that it is an indicator of health (or at least diet) needing attention. That's why I'm trying to determine what is "normal" -- so I can see if his diet still needs tweaking (he had a sensitive stomach for a long time and now seems to be getting better). Is the poop supposed to be formed, then, not PB/oatmeal consistency anymore? (He was formula fed, so no BF/EBF here -- he's on rice milk and has been eating solids...
DS has had so many GI issues that I don't know what "normal" for 2 year olds is anymore. There has been a lot of improvement lately, but I find I've lost my concept of "normal"/healthy v. "normal for him."   What do your 2 year old's BMs look like and how frequently do they go?
I got his first name, but couldn't find anything online about who owns the station or anything about it, really. His first initial is the same as one of the two in the name of the station, but that doesn't mean much, only that it's possible he's an owner. However, if he's not an owner, and just a guy working in a gast station for a living, I want to do more than write a letter, KWIM?
It sounds silly, but he put air in my tires. I know how to do this. I've been doing it since I was a teen getting my license. But for some reason (weather? my hands losing strength? cheap tire gauge? bad valves? all of the above?) I couldn't do it. Then it was a morning-long ordeal with my 2 year old to figure out what the problem was, getting new valves, then a new tire gauge, then trying again... all on no sleep, etc.   So I found an actual service station with actual...
So I've had a rough couple of weeks. Lack of sleep is not helping my mood or my ability to think clearly. Last week, I had "one of those days" and a total stranger helped me out. He was really "just doing his job" and wouldn't accept the tip I tried to give him as thanks. But he was SO nice and it was such a relief to have my problem resolved that I want to do something to thank him, but I don't know what. I thought of dropping a gift card off at his work, but how do I...
Sorry, I wasn't complete in my post... I meant that the agency (or whoever handled your adoption since you say you didn't use an agency -- was there an attorney?) could help bridge the communication between you and her family. That is how it works here -- either side contacts the agency (or attorney) and lets them know they want contact. The social worker or attorney then contacts the family to feel them out, so they're not blindsided by direct contact.    It helps, but...
I don't have direct experience with this, but I would start by contacting the agency that placed your daughter. They might be able to help with counseling and have advice for how to proceed, and may have updates from her family as to how she's doing. Good luck!