or Connect

Posts by swd12422

We used the padded undies with DS1. This one seemed like he pees a LOT at once, but apparently he just pees a lot. With no pants (yes, he's pantsless RIGHT NOW!) he's letting out 3 drops at a time! But no misses yet, b/c he's running to sit on the potty every 15 seconds. I'm not exaggerating. He's barely leaving the bathroom at this point, but he won't just sit and let it all out.   So it seems I was wrong about needing extra absorbent pull-ups! I'd still like some...
Thanks. I can't take the pressure! My BFF is telling me the same thing: "Just take his pants off and send him outside, for crying out loud!"   I think I'm afraid of regression, since DS1 just did it and was done. And it's too hot for him to spend much time outside... It's just bad timing to make it "easy" but if it's good timing for him, I guess we'll do it. He keeps telling me "No diaper!" and while I'm having a hard time believing it, he really might know what he's...
Oh, all RIGHT! ;-)   Next week is a light-ish week so hopefully I can get a few days in a row of naked time. I'll see how it goes. Poor baby is hitting his "Terrible Twos" with a vengeance so I'm hoping it won't become a battle of wills. He is so textbook it's funny. DS1 was NEVER like this; I had no idea what people were talking about with the "Terrible Twos." He just skipped over them and became a terror at 3 instead. But by then, he was potty-trained.... LOL
LOL I was wondering that, too. Like I might miss my window of opportunity now and end up worrying that he's not going to make it into kindergarten b/c he's not trained.....   I'm doing my best right now to put him on the potty whenever he asks, and just deal with it. It's really hard to keep him off the furniture and only on the hard floor, so that's another consideration with naked time. This morning he started to pee while I was changing him, and I said, "Oh look,...
Ummm... b/c he is only 22 months and I'm very cynical. LOL I have a really hard time believing he's going to just train and be done rather than going potty for awhile and then deciding it takes too long or regressing somehow. (He has some developmental delays/sensory issues, so him initiating this so early is a big shock.)   I'm also kind of lazy.... and overwhelmed right now. It just doesn't seem like it's a good time for him to go nakey butt around the house and...
I'm not in any rush for DS (not quite 2) to potty learn, but he has been asking to use the toilet more and more frequently and sometimes even goes!   I want him to be able to pull his pants up and down himself (and make it easier on me!) so I want to start using pull-ups when we're at home.   Right now he is using BumGenius AIOs and I like how absorbent they are.    Does anyone have any recs for cloth pull-ups that are essentially cloth diapers but with the...
With the limited experience we have, I'd say the doc will likely just prescribe Miralax and send you on your way. He/she MAY order an xray to see if he's blocked/impacted, but then laxatives will be the course of action.   Are you doing a food/poop log? It's hard to see a pattern sometimes til you have it all written down. I'd do one of what he's eating/how he's pooping and one of what you're eating, since what you're eating he's getting in your milk. Ask your doctor...
Wow, it sounds like you've had quite a stressful time lately. Hugs to you!   My only experience with abnormal paps was about 12-13 years ago. They called it "precancerous cells present" and  then did a followup smear 6 months later which came back normal. They said to go on about my life like it never happened. I haven't had an abnormal test since.   I think that sometimes these things just happen, and sometimes they're something more. In your case, b/c of your...
OMG, I thought I might be going nuts.   My 2 year old has this issue! No idea what it could be. He is on a GFCF diet, so when we eat out, he usually gets a burger patty with the veggie fixins and fries or steamed veggies.   Up until he was about 18 or 19 months, he'd wake up in the middle of the night, between 1 and 3 am and be up for at least an hour or two before falling back asleep. There was NOTHING we could find to get him back down sooner. Then he started...
He's not drinking nearly as much as he should, especially with the heat we're having. Even the pedialyte isn't tempting him anymore. :( He has a follow up with the doc tomorrow, so we'll see what he says, but I'd still like to see him drinking more fluids regardless since he also has some GI issues that would benefit from good hydration.