or Connect

Posts by swd12422

Is anyone still here? I just found this and need to read through it all, but we are having some strange issues with our  nearly-two-year-old that I am hoping to get some insight on... The GI doc didn't help much :(
LOL about the greased pig comment. This was DS to a tee! Yes, butter has casein in it, but supposedly you can clarify it (or buy ghee) and use it without the solids.   As for snacks, I use lots of dried fruit and dehydrated veggies/jerky and nuts. Sunflower butter or refried beans by the spoonful or on homemade corn cakes (masa flour/water formed into patties and fried). Popcorn.... can't think of what else.   I have read (here, I think) that you can culture...
I agree that it sounds like some sensory stuff and GFCF has been recommended quite a bit for helping some of the behaviors. Also, dairy and gluten can be big culprits in bumpy skin -- I've had that same thing my entire life, tried every cream, prescription, etc. and never got rid of it til I went gluten-free and cut way back on dairy. I still have it a bit on my arms, but not nearly as bad and I wonder if cutting out ALL dairy (including yogurt) would help...   Do...
I've started trying molasses so we'll see how it goes.   OP, if you're sure the cleanse worked and he's all cleaned out, I would think that you can maintain naturally however it works for him. As long as he's pooping a reasonable amount once or twice a day, it's all good. At least that what our GI said...
Can you arrange a drop-off playdate for DS that day, or have a friend walk the mall with him while you go to the party with DD?
Does she have to wear a leotard, or can she wear shorts and a T-shirt? I was lucky enough to have boys, so I didn't have that issue, but I can't imagine expecting a 3 year old to be able to deal with getting in and out of a leotard by herself. Can you contact the coach and ask how that will be handled?   When DS started preschool he HAD to be potty trained, but when they asked about anything he might need help with, I wrote that he'd need help with BMs b/c he...
It sounds really difficult, but there are some glimmers of hope in there. He invited you into his room to hang out??? I don't think I ever did that with my parents. It never occurred to me... LOL So I think that's big. And that he not only asked the hygienist to have you come back there with him, but that he apologized seems like it's huge. As close to "I love you" as he can muster, I would guess. I never told my parents I loved them, BTW. I have no idea why. I'm sure I...
When DS was that age, he went from 4 hour naps to none. There was no shortening/tapering off, he just stopped. *I* needed the naptime in the afternoon, so I started taking him into my room for Quiet Time and let him watch one TV show while I slept. I got a good 20 minute cat nap in and felt much better, and he got some downtime. Sometimes he'd fall asleep, sometimes not.   But then he started preschool and started napping again, and now at 5, he is STILL napping some...
You know, that's a really good way to look at it. Go look at the Toddler/Preschool boards on here and you'll see lots of posts about kids who behave like angels for daycare or the babysitter, and then when mommy goes to pick them up, it's meltdown city and horrid behaviors. The responses to those threads always include someone pointing out that these littles are working SO hard during the day to keep it together while they're missing Mommy that they need a release and...
I don't have any advice, but hugs to all of you. Your post and PP reminded me of what *I* was like as a teenager. I grew up in a very stable, normal home with loving parents who would do anything for me. But those teen hormones wrought havoc and I hated my parents, hated being under their thumb, and needed them more than anything. And I hated that, too. I would push them away and tell them I didn't want to talk, and they would push back, and finally when I did talk about...