or Connect

Posts by pokeymama

Guess not, thanks though! Even I forgot about it lol.
I want to try nettle infusions, but I see that Frontier and MRH (the most recommended for quality IME) have been out of stock of organic nettle leaf, for quite some time it seems. I am hesitant to go with Starwest due to some poor reviews. I have found some at Oregon's Wild Harvest, and that may be what I go with, but I am curious why the "quality" ones are out of stock and which suppliers others use, if any. I notice some Etsy shops sell nettle leaf....curious about...
Thanks, LB! Just to give a note of encouragement to others, we have eliminated the 1st nighttime nurse. DH and I both lie next to him in bed and read to him. It was almost 3 hours the first couple of nights, and now it's down to less than an hour (but it's only been 5 or 6 nights). We're about to introduce a bed in his room (maybe start out in our room if necessary). He did fall asleep here 1 day for nap but didn't nurse him back down when he woke 2 (!!!) hours later...
My son, John, will only nurse to sleep or fall asleep in the car. I've had to face the fact that I need to wean mostly because the dentist wants to put 4 crowns on his top front teeth - and I know it's the bm. We have day weaned, and I have to drive him for naps (fell asleep once reading in the rocker recliner). To complicate manners, he does have allergies/sensitivities and try as I can to avoid the problem foods, he has tested sensitive to so many things I cannot...
Just re-found this thread! Taking DS in to an ENT tomorrow to see about a posterior TT...my pendulum says he will be clipped then and there with no fight from me! I will let y'all know.
Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe liver video! And you claim you have low dopamine?! (j/k) And to think I am toying with going to chiropractic school and having to take all sorts of science and stuff. Can I have you as a tutor?
Quote: Originally Posted by Astromom where are you all getting these B & mag etc supps that are allergen-free> (i.e. truly corn free) ? I'm using Designs for Health, but we aren't corn-sensitive. My B complex has no wheat, yeast, soy, gluten, eggs, dairy, corn, artificial colors, flavors, sugars, or preservatives. Aside from the B vitamins/folates/biotin, it has choline and trimethylglycine. Other ingredients include microcrystalline cellulose...
I'll add my Vervain story. As I mentioned earlier, DH is trying to lose weight (weight-loss challenge at work, lots o' $ in the pot = great motivation for him). My crystal was adamant that the only essence that would help his weight loss would be Vervain. Well, after he took my advice and agreed to lay off wheat and white sugar (and not have his beloved Weetabix every morning!), it occurred to me that THAT is why he needed Vervain. My crystal is telling me he no longer...
Wow. I'm glad I checked out this thread. This has helped me understand a little bit more about detoxification. I have really just glanced over some stuff, though. At any rate, I'm understanding a bit more about the supps my chiro wants me to take. I took a functional metabolic test that measured detox pathways (well, measured chemicals linked to them), cellular energy, neural function, bacteria, fatty acids, and B vitamin insufficiency. I was definitely B-vit...
We had ELISA testing done for IgG intolerances at 9 months (eczema started at 3 months). I'm not the greatest at journaling (far from it) so it really helped me with the introduction of solids.