or Connect

Posts by MomOnDaEdge

Quote: Originally Posted by groovynaturemama thank you for the input, mamas. i am not sure that i can legally have him removed from our house unless he does something to me that is worthy of having the police involved, and he's never even come close to any sort of physical violence (no breaking things, no hitting, no gesturing or expression of violent thoughts, etc.). his name and my name are on the lease, and from what i understand, he has the...
In my most gentle way Mama, you are not going to find a judge that will decree terminating parental rights in exchange for no child support in your situation. Even if that's what you BOTH want. Barring extreme child abuse or a step-parent ready to sign up for responsibility, it's not going to happen. And to be perfectly honest, from what you have posted on this thread, he has been the SAHP for most of the kids childhood and currently retains the home. Again, and not...
Since they are not actually foster parents, they should have no problem being approved for TANF (cash aid) for the children only. For Food Stamps, all household income is counted, for TANF only the children's income is counted. Here is a great website that explains it more in detail: http://dallaslibrary2.org/kincare/faq.html#q1 They just need to make sure when they apply that the worker understands they are applying for the children only, not for any cash...
Quote: Originally Posted by butterflies Background info: A few months ago my 58 yo uncle had a stroke. He is not expected to regain full mobility (still in a wheelchair) and has moved in with my grandparents. They live near a top-notch rehab facility, have plenty of land and have begun construction on a small wheelchair-accessible apt attached their home. My uncle did not have medical insurance at the time of the stroke. He's selling his house and...
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady This was the post that I had wanted to elaborate on. This definitely isn't the only time I've read/heard this kind of comment. I've had numerous people tell me that I should be sterilized over the last 12 years or so. Even adoption agency workers. I thought I could explain some of the other more complicated reasons why a person can end up placing again, and again. And why it's such a tricky issue to solve from...
15, just a shade under 6', and per his ped won't stop growing until he's about 21-22.
http://www.findyourspot.com/bestplaces It's not perfect, but it will give you some ideas. There are similar sites out there if you Google that general idea. HTH's!
Learn NOW about finances, good money management, start saving for the future (even if it's $5.00 a month in an account you NEVER touch), invest in a life insurance policy (the rates are only going to go up as you get older and don't let it lapse), don't get caught up in a credit card cycle and remember someday you WILL be older. Oh, and go to creditboards.com, read read and read some more.
Having had this problem in the past, the best I can offer is what worked for me. Once late, understandable. Twice late, okay, could be extenuating circumstances. Third time, your using me as a free babysitter and that does not fly. Unless there are extended extenuating circumstances but that's not what's going on here. I typed up a very nicely worded letter stating very clearly when practice was over, that I had other obligations after practice and all children...
Call Adult Protective Services in her town and ask them to do a welfare check. It sounds more mental health to me than the other.