or Connect

Posts by glorysmom

My dd was born at 33 weeks with an emergency ceserean and spent 25 days iin the NICU.  After having breastfed three babies it was very hard to let her have a bottle.  But in order to get her released as soon as possible she needed to have a bottle and get off the tube (they said).  I too was concerned about nipple confusion.  I brestfed when I could but they didn't really let me breastfeed without her getting milk through  the tube at the same time til the last few...
Just checked in on this thread.  Yeah I thought the rice and banana comment from the doc was a little wierd too, but now that I look back I think it may have been due to my comment about indigestion and trying to find out what was triggering it and then adding food a little at a time.  I was a little sensitive about the weight gain and may have been taking her personally.  This last visit I gained 4 more pounds in 2 weeks.  She didn't make any comments, thank God.  And I...
I purchased 18 newborn DSQ fitteds from greenmountaindiapers.com  They are super cute and should last 6-10 weeks depending on baby size.  I have 3 wool covers in small and a few other covers that should work.  I have usually used disposables for the first few weeks til baby fits into small fuzzibunz of which I share an inventory with my sisters.  So I have about 1 1/2 dozen of those and 2 dozen small prefolds for the next stage.  Along with a few dozen wipes and a wipes...
I was gaining about a pound a week and was feeling okay about it but last checkup I had gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks!  So at 29 weeks I had gained 29 pounds already.  I started out a  little heavier than usual and I am feeling big...!  I was a little annoyed at my doctor who said I should try a rice and banana diet and use a treadmill.  I was like uh-no.  I'd starve and I hate treadmills, I feel like a hamster, I'm good.  I miss my midwife who weighed me only once in a...
We are looking for a  van as well.  It is making me a little anxious as our family will not fit in our car.  (this will be our fourth child).  I am looking for an Odyssey, late 90's, less than 150,000, around 4k.  The reviews are great and I love Honda's.  Happy hunting!
10 weeks to go!!!  I have alot to do.  I've been waiting til I get closer but I guess I am now.  lol   So I have already: baby wardrobe baby cloth diaper supply pp nightgowns     Still need: Van (this is our fourth child) midwife carseat cradle wool pad for bed dresser or something that can double as a changing table diaper pail another pp bra and more nursing pads homebirth supplies Christmas presents for children birthday presents...
My fundus has been measuring about 4 weeks ahead.  I am 5'0 and this is my fifth pregnancy.  Doc thought twins or earlier date, ultrasound said 1 good sized baby with the due date I had thought.  I guess the uterus just stretches faster with the more pregnancies.  That and being short and not the tightest muscles anymore.  : )
My wish list: a wool pad for the family bed, big enough for mine and babies leaks diapering supplies: 2 dozen fitted newborn diapers, 2-3 small wool soakers, some doublers and fleece liners, 2 dozen small prefolds, (I still have small diaper covers), 2- 3 dozen wipes, diaper pail liner, diaper pail a few basic baby toiletries (soap, clippers, diaper cream, small soft brush) wool/silk/cotton baby clothes (hats, sleepers, shirts, etc..) 2-3 nice wool...
  If a family needs help, lets help them!   
I am so feeling this too.  Last week I thought I was in the clear, I felt good and happy and my stomach only hurt a little. I cleaned the house, scheduled apointments, had a sex drive,  even cooked for my family (woohoo). Then this week I feel awful again.  Hard to eat, nothing looks good, I have to force myself to eat cuz I know if I don't it gets worse.  And I'm exhausted and moody again (and sex reminds me of how I got this way).  But at least I know its GOT to get...