or Connect

Posts by Mrsboyko

I just had to put together a letter for my daughters school.  We were forced to go forward with a "religious exemption" since Illinois does not offer the option of philosophical.  Also, we had to deal with the extra hurdle of the fact that our oldest is mostly vaccinated, she is just missing the MMR and Veracella and the 4th round of a few others.   So, this is what we submitted, mostly FYI and for others    
Those are good prices for the 80/ XTSL. I think I paid around $215 for ours last year.  i get all of our seats from albeebaby.com
  Hi all!  i haven't been around much, but i have a March 2011 baby too, Aveline.  She is such a little mover and shaker.  She rolls all over, spin herself around, and is even getting her knees under her butt already trying to crawl.  This weekend I saw her grab a toy with her feet, transfer it to her hands, then into her mouth.  I sat there wondering if that was a human baby milestone, or just a monkey baby milestone for a while.  We have her sleeping in the pack...
I urge you to give old navy a try again. I have 2 pairs of mat jeans from there that are now on their 2nd and 3rd pregnancy respectivly. I am normally a size 2-3, so I got a size 2. Last time I grew out of them around 25 weeks (my legs got larger, not so much the belly), but then I had a size 4 from a previous pregnancy that lasted till 37 weeks, then nothing worked. That said, this time I am all about the leggings. I love stretch, and maybe they will last till...
SPD was my first prego sign this time. Talk about early presentation. Anyways, I notice it gets MUCH worse if I am carrying my kids. DS is 19 months and 25 lbs, and DD is nearly 4 and 34 lbs. I can get away with carrying my son sometimes, but if I lift DD more than once in a day, I start to feel it. What I have learned is that I lack glutes, butt muscles. I know that lots of people preach the advantage of Kegles, but if you already lack glutes, all they end up doing...
Pants are your friend. And not the loose fitting ones, DS can get any diaper off with overalls on. I am talking like boy-tights, or PJ pants. I learned the lesson the hard way after a hot summer days nap when he decided to remove the diaper, then poop, then scream becasue OMG it stinks!!
We have a 2002 Pontiac Boneville with a million miles on it. When #3 arrives, we will have a boulevard and a radian (FF) and a coccoro (RF). Amazingly we got this car on accident, and it is one of the very few cars with 3 latch installment places in the back seat. I love it.
I have a 19 month old and a nearly 4 y/o. We call them little linebackers. They literally eat all day long. Together they finished off a whole LARGE honeydew mellon on Sat, and were still asking for more food. KIDS EAT A LOT, and generally they poop a lot too. My son is 24 lbs, my DD is 32 and will be 4 y/o next month. They are NOT fat kids by any means, they just eat a lot. Also, my DD has that "pot belly" look. She always has, it is just how she is. As she is...
My kids are allergic to dairy and soy, like it looks like we punched them in the eyes if they get any. Yes, I BF'ed them for longer than a year (23 months for DD and 17 for DS) but they still need something for the fats. I saw what happened to DD when she stopped BF'ing full time and went 1/2 BM and 1/2 rice milk. Her weight practically stagnated for a year, she stopped growing. We switched her to Hemp milk at 2 (because I found a store that carried it) and she gained 4...
Well, I am back to my rock-and-a-hard-place issue. My insurance is thru the hospital I work for. The insurance only allows us to see providers employed by the hospital. The employeed OB/ Gyn's only deliver at the hospital I work for. And the hospital expressly bans VBAC's. I had to fight for 4 months to get a HB midwife approved last time. Then the long labor followed by a transfer had to be retroactivly approved and there was so much BS involved in that as well. (D's...