or Connect

Posts by moodymaximus

Thanks mamas!!!! M. just came, thanks goodness. They are having fun now. My cake was awful, though, but who cares
The neighbour's girl was here every day for the last week, for hours at a time. My DD loved it, so it was fine with me, no problems. Today is DD's birthday. Yes, she invited the girl--only one kid guest (and two adults who'll be coming later). And when I talked to the girl's mother, I said, "Sure, M. can come any time! We are not having a party, it is all very informal, DD just wants to spend time with your daughter on her birthday, and we will have cake." Naturally I...
Quote: Originally Posted by jrabbit when my DH was out of town for travel, bedtime routine was completely different. We just ALL went to bed together. That eliminated the need for someone to be left alone. I balanced it somewhere half-way between each dd's bedtime, and we all crawled into my bed. It made bedtime without daddy more fun. We watched tv or read books til the youngest fell asleep. The oldest would eventually fall asleep. They were 4 & 8...
Quote: Originally Posted by pbjmama Could it be a virus? I would probably cut back on the solids and see what happens in a few days. hm, never thought of that, as she's been "well" otherwise. but i think the poops are improving--a bit more solid in the last 2 days. it is almost impossible to limit her solids--she screams and screams when denied. i so hope it is a virus and that she's coming out of it. she has no rash or anything like that,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Evan&Anna's_Mom Are you a single parent? If not, seems like perhaps time to enlist your partner's help to ensure she is getting the attention she needs/wants at times. Honestly though, if she gets plenty of your attention at other times, whining in the bedroom while you are trying to get others to sleep would probably result in a non-negotiable request to go somewhere else, regardless of her response. i AM "single...
Quote: Originally Posted by j924 Does she go to school or any other place you need to be in the morning? If not I would try to shake up the morning routine as much as you can. Maybe bundle up for an early morning walk or eat breakfast in bed anything that switches the energy of your morning. If you have to do school or other obligations I might try to get up and ready before her so you are able to be with her as she transitions into the day. One...
Quote: Originally Posted by Anna's Lovey I feel kind of bad. After a week of MIL making comments about my daughter's messy eating habits(she's nine months old), putting a spoon her dish each time she eats, and hovering over, and holding her bowl down... After a week of this I finally told her in a firm voice that lo doesn't need a spoon, and to stop holding her bowl down and let her enjoy her food. I let lo eat everything, even yogurt, by herself. ...
i started solids at about 10 months. initally her poops were normal and formed, once every 2-3 days. in the last week they smell sour, are soft, and 3-4 times a day. i think this happened after she ate half an avocado...but they never went back to normal. i didnt have a careful food diary. i think she could've been exposed to dairy / wheat...just because of her siblings...but i didn't feed her any of this does this sound like an allergy to something? at this point, can...
DD 6, doesn't like (i.e. hates) to be by herself (actually, not always. if she decides she need to do something on her own, she's fine. but when she needs to be by herself because otherwise she's disturbing the family, she hates it, even if i'm absolutely reasonable and being by herself is not a punishment). She also gets frustrated with rules/ limitations of a "common area". Like in "You CAN go and work on your project while i'm reading to DS and DD2 at bedtime, but...
Yesterday we had a sort of imposed playdate--a new friend came over with her 8 year old to make sushi. The girl, S., was a bit shy, and acted a touch disrespectful--she declared our house was weird, sleeping on the floor was weird, we had too many wooden toys, we didn't have spiderman movies and what we had was boring, et etc. DD, who's 6 and VERY sensitive, got rather upset, but I reminded her about everyone being different etc Later DD came downstairs to tell me that...