or Connect

Posts by morganlefay

I'm in the same situation.  I work full time and have two little ones.  I have very little time to do activities and make friends.  My best friend basically abandoned me when she moved in with her fiance--we talk only a couple times a month now.  My coworkers are either older than me and their kids are grown, or they are just out of college and don't have kids--not that any potential friends have to be in the same situation I'm in, but it makes it hard for us to find...
Wow, I'm glad I found this thread. So many of the descriptions match DD1 (3.5).  I had my second DD three months ago, and I was wondering if the new baby was just too much stress on her--but now I'm wondering if it's mainly just her age?  She has these tantrums that come out of nowhere, and it's really hard to calm her down once she gets going.  And everything becomes a power struggle--her new favorite saying is "that's not fair!"  Meals are catastrophes.  I WOH and miss...
DD1 is completely obsessed with Disney princesses.  I mainly blame my SIL, who is much more "girly" than I am (and she has twin boys, lol), but DD has really cultivated her own interest in it.  It really irritates my "crunchy" side--I feel like the values are materialistic and anti-feminist.  Sometimes I try to divert DD's interest to something else, but I also don't want to discourage her from expressing her own tastes--that wouldn't really be very AP, would it  ...
   Oh wow, this was my favorite back in the 80's  . . .
 DD loves Kipper--it's about a British dog and his friends and is very low key, nothing violent at all.  She also likes Thomas the Train, LeapFrog videos, and Veggie Tales (this one has a Christian perspective).
   I could have written that.  We don't have tv but DD has several wholesome cartoons she watches on Netflix.  I swore before I had her that my kids wouldn't watch ANY TV, including DVDs, but that ideal kind of went out the window when I actually became a mom      
I have been humbled by a planned homebirth turned hospital transfer that probably wasn't necessary. I have been humbled by a baby (DD1) with extreme colic for six months.  Then, when she finally stopped screaming she stopped sleeping at night.  I was humbled by eventually having to nightwean her to keep from going completely psychotic. I have been humbled by becoming depressed in the midst of these challenges, even though my life was still filled with so much...
Well, I have two girls now, and intellectually (and financially) I think we should probably stop here--DH and I have discussed big plans for both of us, at some point within the next five years, going back to school, moving, and getting different jobs (though not necessarily in that order).  Realistically, another baby would put a big kink in that plan--it's hard enough now with both of us working full time.  Also, the baby stage is hard for me--don't get me wrong; I...
Both of mine were born at 40 weeks on the dot.
  Ada, born 5/18