or Connect

Posts by smlame

Well, we ended up going in for a follow up ultrasound at about 8 weeks b/c my first lab report had that disturbing line in it about an interstitial pregnancy not being excluded.  And since I've had a previous ectopic rupture, we felt that we must make sure I wasn't at risk.  We went in and got good news first......that the pregnancy was in utero and my uterus is not forked.  But the bad news was, there was no heartbeat.  Fetal growth measured about 6.5 weeks.  The doctor...
Thank you Fourlittle birds!  Your positive words (and really there is much to be positive about at this point) remind me that I could let this fear carry me away, or I could focus on what's truly in front of me, and focus on what's going right.  I don't think I'm in any emergency situation here.  So there is time to ponder.  Plus, I think just reading about it brought back a lot of emotion from my ectopic experience.  Probably need to have a couple of good cries and sit...
I could use some words of wisdom!     We had an ultrasound last week.  It was so positive.  Baby is in the uterus (I've had a previous ruptured ectopic) and we even saw a flicker of a heartbeat.  It was more than I could have asked for.  However, when my midwife visited yesterday with the full lab report from the radiologist, there was this one little line.    "The possiblity of an interstitial corneul pregnancy could not be excluded."     The tech said...
Thanks for the kind words of support ladies!  Sometimes just naming what is going on helps so much!  And also knowing you are not alone.  It's such a hard time to feel so miserable b/c you are supposed to be so happy about a new baby!     Kamiro, I hear you on feeling angry and like vomiting when nursing.  I'm still nursing my 2.5 year old (just night weaned-thank goodness!!!!) and I really have to mentally prepare myself to nurse her at this point.  I can see how...
I'm on pregnancy #5 (will be third kiddo) and I'm starting to truly realize the effect of hormones on my mood.  I've always had hard PMS and am prone to anger, etc.  But man, I've worked on myself for years, slowly changing diet, working on my thoughts, personal growth, etc.  It's just so depressing to become this monster (that's a bit of an exaggeration) to my family.  I'm irritable, don't want to be touched, talked to.  Any noise annoys me (I have a 5 and 2 year old so...
Another option is "no poo" using baking soda to wash and then apple cider vinegar as conditioner.  I think the basic recipe is 1 tablespoon of each to a cup of water.  Then you play with different amounts to get it right for your hair type (this recipe makes my hair a bit frizzy but I still use it anyway b/c I'm too cheap to buy expensive natural shampoos).  And then I just wash my hair every 2-3 days.  I do think there is an adjustment period but might be worth it.  
I totally understand not feeling totally at ease with all that.  I would be the same way.  What is the stat on seeing a heartbeat at the early u/s because isn't it a really good sign when you see a heartbeat at that stage.  I read that this means the pregnancy will most likely not end in miscarriage but it didn't have a stat.  I think it's a great sign you saw the heartbeat.  Will be thinking good thoughts for you!
I am eating humble pie......as in, for the first few weeks of this pregnancy I was upholding all my healthy meals.  Lots of greens, very low sugar, etc.  I was feeling pretty proud of myself.  And then this past week, the cravings have struck!  And they are all for things like fast food or something I normally would never crave and is highly processed.  Last night I ate Taco Bell (have not had this since high school, pretty sure!).  Today it was macaroni salad and cheese...
Tomorrow is our 6 week ultrasound and if all is good, we are thinking we'll tell our kiddos (5 and 2.5) about the little bean.  Our 5 year old is quite intuitive and very much in our business so I would be surprised if she doesn't already know on some level. Just curious about other people's thoughts on when to tell older siblings....have you told them already?  do you try to wait for 12 weeks?
Oh, I'm just half-laughing and half-groaning in empathy as I read through all these posts!     YES to the "I don't wanna!"  So lazy.  So tired.  So just always want to get in bed.  And is it just me or do the days just draaaaaaaaaag on?!   Today I made beef stew in the crock pot so it "stewed" all day-worst move EVER!  The smell was assaulting.  And not in a nauseus way....in a "my whole body is in revolt" way.  Strange!  One thing that did work was chewing some...