or Connect

Posts by blondygirl

Same here! and I feel for ya <3 hopefully this will pass quickly... for both of us
Well I agree with you if it's something she CANT control... but again,I don't remember how old my twin was when she was peeing the bed but I know that I wasn't doing it so it was old enough that she shouldn't have been peeing the bed, and I remember her wearing diapers some nights. I don't think it bothered her like that, she felt like she couldn't hold it either so I think she appreciated the extra protection. I think she would use diapers occasionally until I think I...
DH needs to step up his game! Seems to me that you're doing the hard work being the disciplinarian, but you should have a man there behind you to back you up. Whenever my DSS is out of line (and he knows it) all I have to say is "when daddy gets home, he's going to talk to you about your behavior right now." Almost immediately he changes his tone because he would rather deal with the nicer adult (me) than to have his dad get really bent out of shape. Sometimes I think my...
My daughter is 3.5 years old and amazingly has not peed her bed in a longgg time, but sometimes when she's having a lot of fun during the day she'll forget to go potty and just pee in her pants. When that happens, I remind her that when people forget to use the potty, they have to use diapers and that embarrasses her so she makes sure that she is using the restroom (until she forgets again). I'm just thinking here, that if using a diaper is embarrassing for a 3 year old,...
yeah, that's interesting that he doesn't have what he needs for each house. My DSS also has about 3 homes between ours, his mother's, and his grandmother's. So everything he needs is at each house: a different swimsuit, clothes, shoes, toys. That way his stuff isn't moving around all the time and getting lost. Why doesn't your DH have a swimsuit for him that just stays with you guys? That would eliminate the driving, finding, fetching, etc.
Here's another perfect UC birth story ;)   http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1312928/10-20-07-i-should-ve-posted-this-years-ago   And the book I read when I first decided to have a UC with my first child is titled "Unassisted Childbirth" by Laura Kaplan-Shanley... it goes a little out of the realm of just UC birth stories, but it REALLY encouraged me to be confidant in UC. Although I'll admit, the author shares some ideas that I think are pretty strange...
Well, since I never posted it over three years ago when I had my daughter, I managed to get it posted a week or so ago in "birth stories" so you can find it there. But I will say this, it was absolutely the best decision I ever made! My sister (who goes by mwright on mothering.com) convinced me to do it after her unplanned c-section with a midwife. She doesn't really blame the midwife but she does think that there was too much intervention and that scared me INTO going...
lol you did the math.   and yeah I don't really feel like I can contribute a lot to very many forums, so I don't post, but I really like to read through everybody's posts, especially the UC ones. But I think once you've had a UC it shouldn't matter how many posts you have because obviously you're PRO-UC! LOL   I'm having my second UC, and I feel so left out of the UC clique lol
  LOL that's true, I guess I was hoping we'd stick to the "idea" of C/S and not nit-pick peoples particular lives. That's what I was trying to not do, but I suppose it was bound to happen. :)   And, I have let him take her sometimes without giving me money, like if his family is having a party or something, then I want her to be a part of that. But, there is no doubt in my mind that if I went back to how we used to do it, he would revert back into creating trouble. I...
OK, I'm not offended that you want my ex to have his rights. If I were a father I would certainly want rights too. But let me explain this to you again: besides not being on her BC (which he could do if he really wanted to, I'm not stopping him) he appreciates that I'm not expecting anything from him and especially that I'm not getting the courts involved. He's planning on moving to a different country and he does not plan on returning so what part of "waste of time"...