or Connect

Posts by leighi123

Check with the pool first to see if they allow pennies.   I worked as a lifeguard and we didn't allow coins in the pool because they wrecked the filter.     Also check what toys/floats are allowed, again many times they aren't  We didn't allow floats in the pool because it makes it harder to see kids if they are up under them.         At the pool party we went to last year, they had small toys like those fish that squirt water and little boats (both from...
Thanks for the ideas!   A lot of those would be good for the actual RE classes as well.       Just to clairfy though, the "story for all ages" doesn't need to have anything to do with religion at all, just ANY kids book that adults might like to listen to as well.     Today I read Frederick: http://www.amazon.com/Frederick-Leo-Lionni/dp/0394826140   Last week, the RE teacher (on her last day there) read a story about a red fox.   
Ds's grandpa wants to get him a bike for his 4th bday in July!    What I want:  - 2 wheeler, no training wheels (or must be removable, we don't need them) - real bike tires, not the plastic or foam ones - very lightweight - 12" bike - preferably purple (his favorite color) - NO characters all over it.  - priced no more than $150 (less is always better though if it meets the above)   Ideas?   The only bikes I can find that are this size locally are...
I just got a job teaching religious education at a Unitarian church.   They have a portion of the church service that the kids participate in called "story for all ages"  which basically means someone sits up at the front of the church with the kids, and reads a story to both the kids, and all of the adults.     Kids are 3 almost 4 (my ds), 6, 9, and 15 (15yr old is autistic), and adults are all ages.      The kids can see the pictures in the book, but the adults...
I have several in that size (they both me and my sister, I wear a 0, she wears a 3-5)   Any particular style?   I've got a couple shorter black ones, a long blue one thats never even been worn, I can look and see what else (I've got at least 5-6 that just sit in the closet!)
.... food allergies?   Behavior issues?        And what does it mean when a preschooler often complains of back pain? (no known specific injury, he falls down/off his bike, etc just like any little kid though)
My ds is almost 4yrs old and is allergic to a whole bunch of different things (dyes, artificial flavors, vinegar, oats, dairy, strawberries, multi-vitamins, the lining of juice boxes,  - and he is chemical sensitive, allergic to lots of soaps/laundry stuff, california baby products, aveno products, anything with added fragrance, some kinds of plastic, cleaners, etc).  We are also vegetarian.      The reason we suspected allergies was because when he started eating...
This.       I had a much more expensive serger that I got on craigslist (used once), and it worked fine for a short time, then quit working (tension issues), and couldn't really be fixed all the way.   I LOVE my brother one, and its not all that expensive.  I  got it for $219 on amazon.com, free shipping.    I sell the stuff I make, and it works great for a professional look
When you pull the belt all the way out, does it make a little "click click" sound when you let it back in?  And then not pull out again?   If so, you don't need a locking clip.  Just make sure the seat moves less than 1" along the belt path (where the seatbelt goes though the carseat), and don't forget to use your top tether!  
Check it for what?       Generally, no I don't, unless I see something that looks weird, I'll go check it out (missing board on a wood structure at a church playground the other day with nails poking out, I didn't let ds go on it).   I might check the slide to see if its hot and let ds know.      When he was little, we lived in a scary area, so I did check the equipment for weird stuff, but that was when he was 12-15months old, so I went on all the equipment...