or Connect

Posts by leighi123

Check your car's manual, but if you are using the seatbelt that is for that seating position, and its allowed for an adult, I'd guess that its fine for a carseat as well.      LATCH and seatbelt are equally safe IF used correctly.  I go with whichever I can get a better install with.  Depends on the car, and the carseat which will be better.   Some set up I find easier with the seatbelt, some with LATCH.     Your 3yr old - I'd say there isn't all that much...
About 22lbs, and 33" tall at 2.5.   He is almost 4 now and is 26-27lbs and 36" tall.    He is in a radian XTSL rearfacing.  
It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to not bring him.  I'm a single parent, and if I only have 1-2 students I only make $7-8/hour when the kids are actually in class, childcare here is at least $6-7/hour, and it takes me 15min from my house to get to work, so I'd end up paying the same for childcare that I would make.  I've tried working out a childcare 'exchange' but haven't been able to find anyone interested esp. with my very random schedual.     I have to work to make $, and I...
Ds (almost 4) has to come to work with me once in a while (teaching kids classes), and usually he is totally fine, I bring lots for him to do, I can give him attention in between my instruction of my students, and he generally has a good time.  Each class is only 2 hours and we have time to get lunch or walk around in between classes (most of the time its just 2 I have to teach, so we are there no more than 4.5 hours)   After both asking ds not to eat some playdoh,...
No towels, you must use the boot.     This might help:    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=32350&highlight=radian+upright     Also, if your car allows it, the radian allows bracing, which might help with the seat position just a little. 
I dunno.  I consider my ds to have a very advanced vocabulary.  My mom was a kindergarden teacher for 19years and ds surpassed the 'average' 5-6yr old speech patterns around age 2.      He is 3, almost 4, and uses all kinds of 'big' words in everyday speech - defeated, actually, complicated, apparently, although, even though, delicate, including, tempting, scatter, etc.   Sorry thats a really random list, I have a hard time thinking of examples.   He basically uses...
You cannot put anything under the seat to make it less reclined, you can only use a rolled towel/noodle to make a seat MORE reclined, and in that case you put it in the seat bite area.      For infant bucket seats, they must be at 45 degrees, so you only have one choice with an infant seat.       30-45 degrees is for convertible seats only,  The Truefit is 35-45 degrees, and others only allow 45degrees like the complete air (although many choose to install it...
Given those 2 choices, I'd have a 5yr old sit on the harness.   I'd also just leave the harness in a heigh slot so that a range of sizes can fit in the seat without messing with the straps.        I would also suggest taking pictures of each step of instillation (i.e where the seatbelt goes though, lock the belt, make sure its tight) and putting a kid in the harness (i.e straps tight, chest clip up). Print them on a piece of paper with a picture/directions for...
We have a shade tent thing I put up with a wading pool under it to swim in.  Or our big pool is in the shade a lot.  Or there is a public pool with a shaded kids pool.  There are also parks with a shaded kids area (kinda hot for that, we go early in the morning or in the evening).      Indoor play room, museum, paint-your-own pottery place, zoo that has indoor area, etc.    In the house - paint.do art projects, read books, build forts with the couch pillows, have...
What about getting the nautilus for kids up to about 6ish, and then buying Harmony Literiders (backless boosters) for the 7-8yr olds and bigger 6yr olds, that you could keep a bunch of around (they are only $12)     Removing the harness, you could have a little bag that the harness has to live in (in whoever's car the carseat is in) when its in booster mode, so it always stays together even when taken apart.