or Connect

Posts by leighi123

You are supposed to take them out to use it in booster mode, I'm not sure why though.    If you have "a few booster seats"  you could just use one of the others you have for kids too big for the harness (either over 65lbs, or over the top slot in height), and designate the GN for younger/smaller riders.         I would double check all of the seats you currently have, check their expiration dates, most expire in 6 years though some have different time periods.  ...
If its a good one, I'd do science.   It seems like girls are discouraged from doing science/math stuff, so I would encourage that over dance.    Also, you might be more likely to find a different dance class she could take instead, where science is harder to find.          My ds LOVES his science class, but I'll put him in a dance class too at some point if it works with our schedual 
Thanks for the ideas.     I do think that some sort of something to do when the kids first arrive is a good idea, to entertain as people come in and get settled.   And then I like the idea of a little song/poem thing to gather them for the circle and then have a story, maybe instead of me singing , that could be the point where we do the "active" song (i.e the Hap Palmer type stuff), and then put the beanbags or whatever away for the story.       Doing stations...
 I take no offence with any compliment.  Ds is strong, beautiful, and cute!  (smart/polite/happy are my favorite compliments, but those come more from meeting him vs a photo)
There is no problem with using it forward facing, its perfectly safe.     But why pay for a seat that goes rearfacing, if you will never use it rearfacing?   Its like getting 1/2 the use out of the seat and in 2-3yrs you would have to buy a seperate booster.   The GN is forward facing only, but converts to a booster.  So it will be useful for longer for a child who is already forward facing.    Do your seatbelts not lock at all, or just not at the retractor?   In my...
Thank you!     I think so too!  
If you aren't going to use it rearfacing, there is no point in getting the Truefit.  The GN is FF only.  So it depends on what you plan on using it for.  
  I taught my ds to defend himself on something similar.  He used to carry a doll around everywhere, and people would either think he is a girl, or once they found out he was a boy, make some sort of comment like "boys shouldnt play with dolls" -  He would say, "well I'm a boy, AND I like dolls".   He does this now with purple, he says "Yes, boys CAN wear purple, see, I'm wearing purple shorts right now!"     ETA:    How I'm raising ds - toys I choose are all gn - he does...
Some people are saying "its fine if mom is confident on the bike with balance, is a good rider, is going in a safe area, kid is wearing helmet, etc"     I have parents tell me its fine if their kid isn't in a carseat because "mom is a good driver, its just a short drive, its a safe area, my car has airbags, etc".   Makes no difference how good of a driver, or how safe the car is, or the location, accidents still happen, so why take the risk if there are other...
I did all that living in florida!   Then I found a "natural moms" group and fit right in because we all do it.   Maybe find a group that fits more with your parenting style?