or Connect

Posts by leighi123

Ottobre has a good one on their website
He would love that one!  There is a dealer listed only 2 miles from me, I'm going to see if they have it!      For him, 12" is pushing it, the guy at the bike store said a 10" would be best 2 months ago when I looked at bikes, and he was a bit too small for the 12" because his arms aren't long enough for turning around corners and the 12" one with the seat all the way down he was a few inches from being able to touch the ground with his toes.   He is 36-37" tall, and...
It was in Hawaii, not Canada in the middle of winter.   Its also illegal to transport a child without a carseat.   Even when closed, airports have very high security, so a pretty safe place to be outside.     Car accidents are the #1 cause of accidental deaths in children under 12, staying outside with mom for 8 hours in a baby carrier is not even on the list.   By the way, I have spent the night outside, alone with my ds when he was a baby, nothing but me, him, and a...
A summer camp counselor I had only had one arm.   She lost her arm, at the shoulder at age 3 from falling off a lawn mower, her grandpa was holding her, they were going very slowly and still she wiggled free and he couldn't grab her quick enough.    
Isn't that the same as saying "well I'm a good driver, so I don't need to wear a seatbelt" ? 
Bells!  Cute Idea, I dunno if it would work for the bathroom thing, its a sliding door that goes off the bedroom (its a "jack and jill" set up)     We have 2 rooms for all of our stuff - current set up has one bedroom with both of our beds, toys, books, our closet with clothes.   The other room has sewing stuff and homeschool stuff.   Its set up that way because we often co-sleep at least part of the night, so I want both of our beds in one room, and I prefer to...
He will be 4 in July.     Our room really doesn't have a whole lot in it, its mostly books, soft toys, some games, and a few random small toys on a shelf (he doesn't really play with toys, and his homeschool stuff is in my sewing room, which is why its hard to 'downsize' any more than we already do)   We do put on a book on tape for him, which in the past worked great because he would lay in his bed and listen to it until he passed out.   He also used to just...
When you choose one, make sure its very soft/flexible, in a crash it might fly off and hit your baby.  
I just donate them shortly after we get them.   Even though I want to smash some, I don't want to be wasteful, and maybe someone else likes noisy toys.       If we get them and they don't have batteries installed, I don't put them in!  
  Ds and I share a room, he has a toddler bed and I have a twin bed.   He goes to bed at around 9 and I go to bed much later, he usually falls asleep in my bed, I put him in his, and he ends up back in mine.      Anyway, when I put him to bed, we do our little night routine thing, ending with me turning on a book on tape for him to listen to and the fish tank light, and I say goodnight.  He typically doesn't fall asleep for an hour, which is fine.   He used to...