or Connect

Posts by leighi123

We went to one in orlando - it was fun and I won a ring sling!
Get rid of the water wings (those things are dangerous, you got lucky they worked ok this time). Do a coast guard approved life jacket w/crotch strap instead. Have him take ISR swimming lessons. My 2 yr old can float on his back in the pool for 10+ min, and he can get to the side easily without freaking out. (he loves it actually) At least one adult thats going to be there should have CPR/first aid - its easy to get and you never know when you will need it.
My ds is wiggly too - I am planning on making him one, possibly with shoulder straps, if I can figure it out! I've made him one thats just a waist belt too - I put padding on it and made it buckle at the back b/c he can unbuckle the clips!
Ds did that for a while, now he will go get another toy for himself or for the other kid. Or he will tell the kid 'dont take that'. If its one of his friends then we just have the kids take turns, which they all do well in our playgroup (these are 15month-3yr olds). I'm happy that ds doesnt fight back, I wouldnt want him to!
Levi is going to have his first ski lessons this year, he will be almost 2.5. I taught kids skiing for a few years, and the 2-3 yr olds were easiest to teach as long as they were happy to try (the kids that diddnt want to e there would just cry and it sucked). Levi has been sledding sense he was 5months old, the first season just pulled him on flat ground, but last year he went down hills and loved it. We might try skating too - they have those mini walker...
We lived 'out in the country' sort of when I lived in england. Our commute to school was 40min each way, and the school paid for a taxi to take us to and from (it was a private international school). I would ask him what he thinks, maybe try it out for a while - and if you HAVE to you could figure out a way to get him back and forth to another school. It is a pain, but its do-able, we did it for 2 years. Living overseas is an awsome oppertunity! I was born...
Here is ds at 3 months old in the bebe pod (which is the same idea) http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...07/madbebe.jpg He hated it! Plus he was tiny, so it was way to big for him, he was 7 months when he sat alone, and by that time he was still way to small for it. But I've heard the opposite of chubby babies, that they are way to big for it at 3-6months. We only used it like twice, he really liked the boppy instead, and could lay down when he got tired of...
I let ds play them. I made him some using a sheet of magetic paper and putting pictures on them - way too big to swallow and week magnets anyways. He also has a set of ABC's with that magnet paper on the back (they are wood) He plays with regular ones with supervision as well.
I bought it for Levi about a month ago (he is 26months) and its the only tv he watches (20min a day, in about 2-3 sessions not all at once, he watches while he has breakfast and again in the afternoon when we get home from errands or whatever) He LOVES the flashcards (the sliding ones), and the regular ones too. I got it because he is obsessed with reading, doesnt want to learn his letters, but loves books of all kinds, and is constantly asking 'whats that say?' ...
I sit in the seats, and sometimes have to brace myself against the roof, and pull with both hands! Im only like 95lbs though and not very strong. I get seats in rock solid! The stress in a crash is WAY WAY more than the strength of an adult, this was asked in our tech class, and its toally safe to sit in them if thats what it takes to get it in right, you arent going to break it. Do be careful of the foam though, and dont sit on the seatbelt/LATCH strap while you...