or Connect

Posts by leighi123

Guns are not toys - plastic or not. Guns kill or hurt people/animals and that is their only purpose. That is not a fun game. No guns allowed in the house, and if ds picks one up at a friends house, I just tell him 'guns are not toys, guns hurt people' and put it out of his reach. I think for other weapons we will follow the same rules. DS is 26months, but the rule will apply as he gets older as well. He doesnt watch TV so he doesnt see shooting...
change your needle, it might be bent also, take the bobin casing out, and make sure everything on/under it is clean and then put it back in - I know on my machine if I dont put it in perfectly I have the 'clunk' problem. if all else fails, old recieving blankets work great as flats - just fold it up and pin it on baby or stick it in a cover!
Levi (26months), seems to have a good sense of 'time' now. He knows what yesterday, today, and tomorow mean and also 'a long time ago' or 'when I was a baby' (awww he is still my baby!). He uses these terms accuratly. He is also learning days of the week - he knows he has gymnastics on wednesdays, and today my sister called and asked him when he was going to come see her - he said 'I'll see you friday, not tomorow but after that' (today is wednesday). We had...
He is 26months, but in 12 or 18month size clothes depending on the fit. That one might work - I have a lot of the fabric so I guess I could try it out and see how it looks!
I need a semi-formal outfit for ds, and cant find one right now so I was thinking of making one. I have some pinstripe dark color denim fabric, and I know how to make the pants, but I was thinking of some sort of vest (to wear with a button up shirt and tie) Are there any patterns out there (free ones preferably!) or could I wing it?
DS is 26months and we dont use any of those things - He is still rearfacing in his carseat, and will be for a long time, but thats a safety thing so different I guess. And he is still nursing, which isnt just a baby thing anyway. We use a wagon for sea world which is the only place ds cant walk the whole time on his own yet (he does fine at the zoo though!) I think its weird when I see 4-5-6yr olds in strollers, unless they have a medical issue they can walk...
Quote: Originally Posted by KLM99 They don't teach baby to read. Reading is being able to sound out words, know what sounds certain letter combinations make, etc. This program teaches baby to remember what certain words look like and connect it to a picture. So you see "CAT" and baby thinks about a cat. As soon as you throw in a word that isn't on the flashcards or is written differently or something, they don't understand it. These children couldn't...
DS is 26months and has been using sissors and table knives for a long time now - the rule is that he has to ask first and sit down while using them (I dont want him running around with them obviously!) He loves to cut up his own food and spread peanut butter on his apples - and he does the confetti thing too! Every time I use sissors now he reminds me to be careful and 'dont poke the chair' ... lol
Go to seatcheck.org and put in your zip code where the map is - you can find a tech in your area and talk to them about their carseat program, a lot will give out FREE or very low cost carseats to people in need, I know here the teen mom place is hooked up with the carseat fitting station, all the moms in the program can go othere and get a free seat, plus instructions on how to use it properly (very important!) Expired carseats are not safe to use -
Im not sure what its called but its white, w/green top and a blue seat. DONT GET THAT ONE Its messy, hard to clean, and the lid falls on your kids back when they sit down, or it slides across the floor. The baby bjorn little potty is great, but it is a baby potty - ds used it from 7months and still fits on it but he is only 21lbs now at 26 months (he has been using the big potty for a year now) A bunch of his friends have one shaped like a frog and they...